Respected Contributor

Pricing comment

[ Edited ]

After finding something online I'm interested in possibly purchasing and watch the video in which it was previously priced lower, it disuades me from buying.  I feel like I'm being cheated. If it was once offered lower, it should stay at that price.  I know the short-term lower price is to spur purchases, but it doesn't make me happy to pay more just because I didn't see it offered at the lower price on tv.

Respected Contributor

It happens every week at the grocery store. Weekly specials at a reduced price; then they return to full price. Retail has to have a certain markup to remain profitable. Deep discounts cannot be sustained over long periods of time unless they are clearance. Retailers offer clearance items to free up their open to buy budget.

Respected Contributor

Re: Pricing comment

[ Edited ]

Yes, of course, you are right.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Pricing comment

[ Edited ]

I completely understand where you are coming from @Another new name Sue . When I want something and watch the video and it was cheaper, I rarely can make myself purchase it. I do notice they have not put up that price box on the video's though. I imagine it is for this purpose so you have to listen to the presentation to see what they state the price is.

With that said, every business has sales. If you don't buy during that limited time you miss out of course. This includes almost all retail, Macy's, Kohl's, Target, even grocery stores. 

I rarely buy anything that is not "on sale". In fact,my grown kids once said they didn't even know you could buy stuff that wasn't on sale. Woman Happy We would walk into a store and go directly to Clearance or Sale items and I would tell them we couldn't buy the stuff in the front of the store because it wasn't ON SALE. They assumed it meant not FOR SALE.

Honored Contributor

@Another new name Sue wrote:

After finding something online I'm interested in possibly purchasing and watch the video in which it was previously priced lower, it disuades me from buying.  I feel like I'm being cheated. If it was once offered lower, it should stay at that price.  I know the short-term lower price is to spur purchases, but it doesn't make me happy to pay more just because I didn't see it offered at the lower price on tv.

@Another new name Sue    If you wanted it badly enough, A few dollars wouldn't make a difference.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Same with any retail! 

Last night the sale ended, but I WANT the lower price today even though it has expired.

Nobody is getting cheated...just DANG!  I missed it!

I put it in my WL and watch the price changes.

Respected Contributor

@cjm61 Very funny!  Thanks for the laugh.  You raised your kids right!

Honored Contributor

@Another new name Sue wrote:

@cjm61 Very funny!  Thanks for the laugh.  You raised your kids right!

@cjm61,

@Another new name Sue,

I was just going to say the same thing-very funny and you raised em right lol!

I'm going to tell my kids that so they can teach their kids!😅 

I think you've started something here!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

@Another new name Sue Usually I miss that lower price because it was on so late my time, I was in bed.  That's when for me it seems unfair.  What?  I'm supposed to stay up past 11pm to see what they may reduce?  This time it happened to be over a $20 difference, so I passed buying it.Cat Frustrated

Otherwise, I understand "sale pricing".  Kind of a mixed bag for me.

Respected Contributor

Well, I feel better now that I got the Denim & Co. velour outfit, plaid top came at a Black Friday price with free shipping.  I just want to pick up some new things for the winter as I'm tired of my clothes.  Got a few other things from other online retailers...Macy's, Garnet Hill, and LL Bean.  

Thanks for the thoughts everyone!