Super Contributor

Re: QVC we want u to survive!

@Gunnerboy @Don't even get me started on JC and KL. Cannot bear to watch JC

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@Spurt  - Did you ever write to Mr. Rawlison?

@San Antonio Gal 

I did send in some feedback, but it wasnt snail mail---my printer doesnt work and im not buying a new one anytime soon. And my handwriting is hard to read......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Occasional Contributor

I also can no longer watch certain shows due to the hosts.  It seems they have been given free reign to act silly and talk endlessly about themselves, their vacations, kids etc.    Sometimes I wonder how the vendors feel their products are being represented when they are not the focus of the show?  Regardless of whether you like David and his many shows or not, he has a way of focusing on the product he's selling, but adds in some cooking tips and recipes without totally loosing track of what he's selling. 

Recently, I was interested in a product SB was showing and I waited through several minutes of her chatting with the vendor as if they were on a private phone line hoping to hear about the product.  I ended up giving up on learning about the product and changed the channel.  That was one sale that they would have likely made if the host had been doing her job.  Just think of how many times a day that probably happens....

Let's hope QVC gets back to the business at hand and survives.

Respected Contributor

My purchases are mostly made in the app.  If I'm watching QVC, I expect it to be at least mildly entertaining, not just a host reciting measurements.

Esteemed Contributor

If the Q is interested in "keeping up with the times," they might begin with their antiquated 7-10 delivery! Like young people, who like immediate gratification, would ever wait for that....

Many ask why so many compaints about hosts. There are so many angry complaints about hosts, b/c THEY ARE SPOILING, DEPRIVING AND RUINING a show where customers would like to buy and purchase. Those who don't mind, may watch the Q for entertainment and not much interested in buying.

Honored Contributor

QVC Sells Headquarters, Studio and Distribution Centers for $443 Million to Oak Street

Like Other Retailers, Home Shopping Network Plans To Lease Back Properties.

via costar news 

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I think the problem is that QVC and all shopping channels are just white elephants these days... there is no reason to order off of TV... a million other choices online... ... better prices... coupons and deals...  much faster shipping too....TV shopping channels are just a dying breed. I see all of these channels gone in the next few years. 

Valued Contributor

I'm a long time customer and to me it looks like the hosts are competing to hold on to their jobs. I just don't see any other reason why they are all hyper. Very few aren't because they are sure of their jobs, maybe a good contract. I do think they are trying to appeal to younger buyers. I still enjoy purchasing some but watching is not what it used to be.