New Contributor

QVC disqualifying legit Rakuten purchases

Is anyone having problems with legitimate QVC purchases being disqualified for Rakuten? I've had this happen here and there but now all of my December and January purchases are gone to the tune of a couple hundred dollars! I of course can't get to a human to find out what the problem is. 

Honored Contributor

Re: QVC disqualifying legit Rakuten purchases

Do they say why the purchases were disqualified?

I haven't used Rakuten, but, speaking about rebate apps in general, it's very frustrating when you can't get through to a real person.  After that kind of experience with a particular app, I tend to avoid it.  Potential savings aren't worth the aggravation.

Honored Contributor

Does QVC even participate with Rakuten?  I didn't notice their logo on a Rakuten ad.  But I don't pay much attention as I wouldn't sign up because of years of computer problems.  One tech told me these tracking sites are part of the problem as they are logging everything you do.

Esteemed Contributor

@mizyorkyork : same as you. I made most of my December QVC purchases through Rakuten instead of my usual Mr. Rebates because they offered more cash back. Not a single Q purchase has been credited. Grrrr!

Contributor

Yes!  All of my December purchases are gone.  December was the last month I used Rakuten.   I was also due to be sent a check and now that's gone, too.

I usually use Mr Rebates, but Rakuten beat them a few days in December.  If this isn't fixed I'll just stick with Mr Rebates.  Never had a problem with them.

Honored Contributor

@mizyorkyork 

If you go to Rakuten's site they have a 'help desk' and 'contact' information (which includes 'Missing Rebates' questions) for many problems.

You can also email QVC's social team at QVCSocialTeam@QVC.com for their input.

No one here would know the answer to your question.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@depglass wrote:

Does QVC even participate with Rakuten?  I didn't notice their logo on a Rakuten ad.  But I don't pay much attention as I wouldn't sign up because of years of computer problems.  One tech told me these tracking sites are part of the problem as they are logging everything you do.

@depglass 

Yes!

Not to mention that they sell your info to everyone on the planet, increasing the ridiculous amount of telemarketing calls we already received!

They could have saved a lot of ink and typing with their so called 'privacy policy', by simply stating. "THERE IS NONE"!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

i mostly used mr rebates and topcashback this past season. topcashback seemed to have the best rebate options for qvc during november and december. i use other rebate sites also, including rakuten and retailmenot and extrabux.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Regular Contributor

@mizyorkyork wrote:

Is anyone having problems with legitimate QVC purchases being disqualified for Rakuten? I've had this happen here and there but now all of my December and January purchases are gone to the tune of a couple hundred dollars! I of course can't get to a human to find out what the problem is. 

@mizyorkyork 

Yes, I have experienced the same thing. In December they offered 10% and I figured that in my purchase price and have not received any of those rebates. They are listed in my shopping trips though. I purchased on easy pays so I was wondering if that was why they had not been credited yet, but if others are also have trouble with it, maybe that isn't the problem. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have never had any luck with now called "Rakuten."

Before it was called that, they never acknowledged any QVC purchase. I had to send them proof of everything and when I emailed them it was just a generic reply, not really addressing anything I was saying.They would always say it was QVC's fault that they hadn't registered the sale to their site or something. (And maybe it was).

It was so frustrating I gave up.

With Mr. Rebates I a few times I had to again give them order numbers,dates, etc but have generally found them much more responsive.

However, I agree with others, that it just becomes too much of a hassle

to be worth it. 

I used to get emails confirming I had bought something thru their Mr. Rebates but now don't get anything.So I hesitate to use them because I don't want to go thru the whole verifying process again.

I've used retail me not once at Michael's. At first they said they don't use it because they have sales already but the manager okayed it.

So again it's a toss up and how much time we are willing to spend on these sites.

When I look at reviews of all these cash back sites, there are always issues with getting purchases confirmed. I don't think I'm willing to chance going thru all that again.

But I admire people who make a lot form these, though that means you have to buy a lot too!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"