Respected Contributor

Presidents Day sales underwhelming

Ive been up since 6am watching..... another computer, a $400 Dyson fan, a digital thermometer..  Surely QVC could have programmed a better array of products.  Many of us used to bargain hunt on Presidents Day at Macys and Kohls before Covid 19 on Presidents Day.  Now we are housebound and cant get to the sales. We rely on QVC. I hope there are better sales in Prime Time tonight.  Presidents Day was traditionaly when I stocked up on linens and I have yet to see any.

Honored Contributor

Re: Presidents Day sales underwhelming

@Reever so what would be better?  

For a few minutes this morning I actually wished I had a fan to use until my central air can be replaced.  Would also like a new laptop, but that is now on my personal “you can wait” list.  Haven’t had any shopping channels on today but those things I s probably should look at.

i am determined not to buy any clothing, shoes, handbags, jewelry, or indoor decor until at least 2022.  I’ve been reading rather than watching that kind of item as much as possible - I don’t totally trust myself, so it is just better not to see.

Honored Contributor

i purchased five items yesterday......i did enough damage for now.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

"We rely on QVC"?????  Now, that's funny.  It's a rare retailer who does not sell online.  I rely on them for the best price.

Esteemed Contributor

Haven't seen anything that wows me on the Q. Do see some  sales on some of my  favorite  food speciality sites . It

Am surprised that President's Day is even  being recognised , with all the sentiment to change things now a days.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm very excited for the American West Jewelry show that is about to begin—many new items have been highlighted, and it's always a pleasure to watch Carolyn Pollack and celebrate artisan-crafted jewelry made in the USA.

Valued Contributor

BORING selections.....wish we could go back to the good ole days of 20 years ago.....holidays almost always had real 14 kt gold at phenomenal prices and so much style.  Oh well we all know QVC is just not the same anymore.....sad

Respected Contributor

@grooms wrote:

BORING selections.....wish we could go back to the good ole days of 20 years ago.....holidays almost always had real 14 kt gold at phenomenal prices and so much style.  Oh well we all know QVC is just not the same anymore.....sad

sadly the glory days of QVC will never return.  All the fun we used to have when Kathy was there. QVC was a much different place when Barry Diller ran it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I never rely on Q.  It isn't my go-to for anything. Their prices, shipping, and returns handling have become the worst of all the retailers with whom I've shopped.

I always price shop. Almost every time, I can find the same thing elsewhere for less money, free & better shipping, and quicker returns processing.