Honored Contributor

Re: QVC - You Cured My Addiction

[ Edited ]

Everyone is so right....I used to find unique and interesting products and would watch QVC shows a few times a week (I work from home) and then Saturday it was AM Style. Now I SELDOM watch....Since they put Kerstin in charge, there's NO Saturday Morning Q  (cant stand her!) and no more ITKWD its all prepared food now with vacuums thrown in.......And I HATE the beauty shows....The only thing I enjoy on QVC is Valerie Parr Hill and home decor shows which arent on that often and an occasional fashion show thats it..

Now its one of the classic TV channels, The Game Show Network, a TCM movie, Create, Hallmark Mysteries or Music Choice or read or find something else to do...(in the fall, the NFL!)

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

It's been a long, slow process for me, but I've cured my addiction to any shopping except the supermareket.

I know some day in the future I'll shop again, but right now I'm most excited to finally be finding empty hangars in my closets and empty spaces in my dresser drawers.

For me it's nothing to do with QVC's programming. I've reprogrammed me!

Esteemed Contributor

Anyone else think it is odd that QVCAddiction registered on 1/13/11 and made a first post just today about breaking an addiction?

Frequent Contributor

I've switched to the History channel.
Trusted Contributor

I'm saving a lot of money lately.

Open my heart and you will see, engraved inside, Italy - Robert Browning
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Not sure if was addiction, but I did watch QVC quite a bit on the weekends. That stopped years ago when their weekends got bogged down with vacuums and mattresses and especially after launching their app which made checking inventory so easy. I shop a!most exclusively on the QVC app. Also, I don't enjoy the programming anymore but for an occasional decor show or weekly D&C show (unless they feature the TSV for hours like they did this past Tuesday).  I was channel surfing (I think last night) and the host was presenting a top that looked interesting. She did a very thorough nose wipe with her hand and then used the same hand to show us how great the fabric was. I have read plenty of comments about this and really thought it was being blown out of proportion...I was wrong. That was so off putting I immediately changed the channel. Just an example of behavior that makes viewing unenjoyable.

New Contributor

I was addicted to watching the channels and buying from QVC. I was never addicted to the negativity in the forums.

Contributor

who was that?  no tissue i guess

Occasional Contributor

Saw the nose wipe as well. Made me sad there is no thought for those who are COVID aware. QVC hosts all used to have class.  Seasoned hosts still do it seems some new hosts are not being mentored. Maybe this is affecting their bottom line as well! Sad as we need to rely on these methods for our supplemental shopping. Hope products  we recieve can be trusted not to have had any "mystery fluids " . 

Valued Contributor

It was a no-watch Friday-Sunday for me. I'm not interested in the beauty shows and all the hype around it. I tuned in to see Courtney before Shawn joined in with her passive-agressive treatment of CK during Kim Gravel and then turned it off. No watching on Saturday or today. The line up was a total dud. Just shopped the lunchtime and Primetime specials and bought a couple skirts. FIne with me.