New Contributor

QVC - You Cured My Addiction

I used to watch QVC and QVC2 ALL the time. Now, I am lucky to even watch one hour per week. The removal of Q2 live programming is understood if you don't have enough merchandise to peddle during the pandemic.   But is it necessary to constantly repeat the same shows on Q2 throughout the day?  Today, Down Home with David (3 hour show) was scheduled four times. Fri*yay with Jane & David (3 hour show) was scheduled twice. That is 18 hours of David!  On Sunday, Fri*yay with Jane & David is scheduled four times and then there is the repeat of In the Kitchen with David (3 hour show) in the evening. That's 15 hours of David tomorrow!  The only time I order anymore is if I receive a TSV email that's interesting. There is no variety anymore!

Honored Contributor

Re: QVC - You Cured My Addiction

QVC has become insufferable to watch due to repeative programming and obnoxious hosts.  There are way too many of these painfully boring "beauty" days like today.  Next week there will be Josie Maran Day which will be hours of pure torture, if you watch.  HSN is even worse with innumerable beauty days.  I don't buy over-priced cosmetic products on TV.

At least Q2 used to be a respite from the dullness of the main channel,when there was live programming.  Now I watch maybe one Denim & Co. show a week, period.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

Me too.  I used to have it on Saturdays while I was doing things around the house.  It was nice to have a distraction while cleaning or clearing out the file cabinet.  I haven't had it on at all today and I sort of like the silence.  

Honored Contributor

I never watch any of the channels except Valerie's shows, I just look at items I am interested in on Q website, and buy what I want, the staples I use over and over.

Honored Contributor

I still love the Q and place orders,  but I don't watch it or have it on in the background like I did years ago.   I miss those Q days.

Super Contributor

Between the QVC layoffs/cutbacks, covid and Amazon, QVC is starting to struggle a LOT.  Plus I have niticed that the quaility of the merch has gone way down, and expect and extra 3-7 days on delivery times.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

QVC has become insufferable to watch due to repeative programming and obnoxious hosts.  There are way too many of these painfully boring "beauty" days like today.  Next week there will be Josie Maran Day which will be hours of pure torture, if you watch.  HSN is even worse with innumerable beauty days.  I don't buy over-priced cosmetic products on TV.

At least Q2 used to be a respite from the dullness of the main channel,when there was live programming.  Now I watch maybe one Denim & Co. show a week, period.

I hear you, my watching is down to Monday evenings up till 10:00, otherwise it's the website. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624  You just crack me up!!  LOL,  I agree with everything you said........I did enjoy Iman though on HSN with Colleen today from 12-2.   I enjoy fashion Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

IMO QVC is an addiction for many people.  Unless I'm interested in what's being sold, I do not watch.  Certainly not "for company" or "entertainment."

Valued Contributor

I only watch SG show Thursday morning & D&C show Tuesday morning. That’s it, and I think I watch those mainly out of habit. I hardly ever order anything, my main gripe is paying for shipping. I used to have Q on a lot and always watched the TSV kickoff.
There are too many hosts I can’t watch or listen to, too many repetitive shows.