Trusted Contributor

Re: QVC - You Cured My Addiction

Covid and the annoying hosts have cured my addiction.  I don't need polyester clothes from China, makeup or anymore Christmas junk.  I was furloughed in March and trying to make ends meet.  I've watched a couple AM Styles but there's nothing I need that bad so I switch over to a silly Hallmark movie.

New Contributor

Its the same recorded show..over and over Whats the problem?

Occasional Contributor

I don't watch the Q much anymore it has gotten BAD. Now they are doing the racial thing which I think is wrong. All lives matter no matter what color and I never thought about the color of the person selling an item.If I wanted what was being sold I bought it.  If I was all these "white people or other nationalities" I would stop selling my merchandise on the Q for awhile and see how that works out for them. 

Honored Contributor

Mine too and Im happy about it! Spending a whole lot less money but not watching very often. I am alot more selective too in what I order when I do watch!

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

You're Home With Jill was my favorite show and when Jill Bauer left, I stopped watching for a particular show. Now I don't tune in for any show or host -- not even Venable. The new Q doesn't appeal to me. Too much Philosophy, Josie Maran, Isaac, and Gourmet Holiday. FriYay and the Inspo Spot are turnoffs,  too. Most of my purchases are online.

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 dear, please take it as a compliment what I will say to you.

I do enjoy reading your posts/answers because I personally find them well written with good grammar and words well chosen.

i really wish my English was half of the half of yours.

PS: I have bought an application from the Apple store lately and it translates my Greek input language to English. I do edit very little , then I am capable to post the message in the boards here.

The Supreme Happiness Of Life Consists In The Conviction That One Is Loved.
I come from the beautiful and sunny Athens Greece
Esteemed Contributor

I stopped my excessive qvc shopping a year or so ago.  I watch once in a while now, sometimes put something in my cart and then think better of it.  I have saved a ton of 💰.

Esteemed Contributor

For the first ten years of Q, I watched plenty. Then one day Joan Rivers was chatting with Kathy Levine and stated something like "can you believe my stuff is on Ebay?" ; a light went off in my brain and I changed my QVC practices.  I buy way less than $500 per year (many better options) but I still enjoy the boards.  Hardly ever watch the shows at all!

Honored Contributor

@Dinaki    For a non-native English speaker, I think you do remarkably well.  You even seem to understand most of our slang.  I like that you have the confidence to try posting on this public bulletin board.  Good for you!

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

When Valerie first came to QVC, she had some cute items- It's all JUNK now! Everything she sells reminds me of bargain bin dollar store items! YUCK. Cheap, cheap-looking things. 

I loved when Phylis George used to be on QVC. She brought beautiful, classic items to the Q.