Valued Contributor

QVC used to provide an affiliate discount of 25% off for 2 months right before the holiday gift giving season. That stopped roughly 5-6 years ago. I would wait until the end of the year and buy some higher priced items. It was nice while it lasted. 

Honored Contributor

I was a buyer for a men's clothing wholesaler.  We got 50%.  Most companies have some perk for employees.  

Super Contributor

@Alexa6352 wrote:

This reminds me of years ago I was shopping with my Mom. I worked so Saturday was my day to do food shopping. I really wanted to do it as fast as possible so me & my Mom & Dad could spend the day together. So, we go out to shop and we are in a store that both of us like. I pick up Chicken Cutlets and my Mom says to me.Don't buy those here and I say WHY? and she says they are $2.99 a pound and they are on sale in another store,which was no where near where we were. I had a Car,but that wasn't the point.So, I told my Mom.you want these chicken cutlets,Right? So tell me what you want to pay? 1.99 a pound? Ok I'll give you the difference of what these cost and what you are willing to pay,to save time & gas & parking etc..She laughed at me and said that's crazy.. I said no it's not. We now are finished shopping and go home and sit with Daddy and enjoy the rest of the day!

I had to laugh, reminded me of my grandmother. She wanted my mom to drive to her house and take her to the municipal building so she can pay her water bill just so she can save a stamp.