Respected Contributor

Re: QVC Casting Call for new hosts?

I wonder if Lisa Mason would ever return as a host.

Super Contributor

I like change.  I imagine it is very tough to age on TV -- some hosts should not have closeups and model shoes and put mascara on over false eyelashes.   Some things can be helped with surgery and enhancements, but hands and necks and feet really show the age.  IMO I think QVC should embrace technology and use AI hosts -- just like the major tv stations etc.  Not sure we need more hosts, or any hosts at all?  I am all in support of lowering business and pass the savings onto the consumer (I.e., lower prices, free shipping, less overhead).  QVC is gradually losing their brand  (competition is good)  -- quality, value and convenience and that makes me sad.  Online shopping has grown and improved and in many ways much preferred -- free retlurns, free shipping.  If I see something that interests me on QVC, I go online and find it most times at a lower price, free shipping etc.  For me, QVC is like paging through the old fashion catalogues when I am bored or waiting.  

Honored Contributor

I hope that in the future they hire hosts who don't get so giddy and excited over what they are selling.

Gee .... it was only a LOGO top!  No need to get hysterical!

Respected Contributor

Why would an aspiring TV spokesperson want to work for Q?

The chance of advancement to a top tier host is very limited.

If you do make the lineup you get the least watched programming.

It seems that the entry level status lasts a long time. 

Doesn't seem to take long for the talent to move on. 

Respected Contributor

QVC Compensation & Contract

Total Pay: $125,000.00 in Annual Salary

This might beat periodic, unsteady random acting gigs until something better comes along
Honored Contributor

I wonder how many applications they are getting in a week on average. 

Contributor

They need to hire people that don't talk that much and all of them talk too fast. Know the benefits of Catching a breath..and they ramble on and on..on and on ..their products aren't all of that..they look cheap but are very expensive..
Respected Contributor

@Dazzlespaz1993 wrote:
They need to hire people that don't talk that much and all of them talk too fast. Know the benefits of Catching a breath..and they ramble on and on..on and on ..their products aren't all of that..they look cheap but are very expensive..

I agree with you.  They also need to get hosts who do their homework about the products they present.  They need to know the history of the company and minor details like the size, material and length of clothes.

Respected Contributor

I hope they get lots of great candidates so that a couple of the current ones can retire and enjoy their families.

Respected Contributor

@santorini wrote:

I hope they get lots of great candidates so that a couple of the current ones can retire and enjoy their families.

I also want some of the hosts to retire.  Maybe the retired ones can get their own reality show on BRAVO.