Frequent Contributor

QVC Casting Call for new hosts?

This must make the veterans nervous. Its just my opinion, but would love to hear what you all think of there being over 2 doz hosts already. I have just heard that Stacey and T.J. left all of the a sudden. I enjoyed both of them and especially T.J. with his energy!

This always turns out to be bad news for veterans. At least they know (2) spots are avail.

However, if they hire more than a few new hosts than that could spell trouble for some of the seniors. What are your thoughts on this casting call AD?

Trusted Contributor

Re: QVC Casting Call for new hosts?

I don't know what to make of it.  Hopefully, it could mean a few are considering retirement.  

Respected Contributor

My thought is it does not matter what i think. Dont know why they left. Wont be finding out.

It is what it is and whatever happens happens. I miss Carolyn as a presenter but my fandom didnt keep her. I dont run QVC so what I want doesnt factor in. The vets have contracts and know how the business works whatever that may be. I cant and won't worry about them as i am too busy worrying about myself.

Trusted Contributor

They have 2+ channels and are streaming all kinds of content now.  I don't think this casting call has anything to do with anyone leaving or anything like that.  

Trusted Contributor

It doesn’t seem like a big deal.

Or it could be the opposite way. It could mean more recently hired hosts are considering leaving too? I would think QVC needs to be proactive and hire at least 2 more to replace the 2 that left.
Valued Contributor

There's already another post about this.  Stacey is going to be on one of the "house wives" shows.  TJ sounded like he wanted to do other things. Maybe QVC is just filling vacant positions.

Honored Contributor

I think they need to fill two recently vacated positions.  If they hire more than two people it will be due to future plans.  There are no conspiracies going on here.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Frequent Contributor

It is not conspiracy theory. I have seen a pattern in the past and I know many others have as well. There is a reason they have to squish 2 hosts onto many shows, cuz there are so many hosts to begin with. The streaming does nothing. Did you see them trying to push poor T.J. into streaming ads? They didnt have room for him on regular schedule. I personally think this is bad news down the line for some hosts and I have a right to feel that way based on the past.

Super Contributor

I doubt they pair hosts together because the have a big stable of hosts. That doesn't make financial sense. I think the pairings are QVC's way to "enterain" viewers. If at some point they decide it's not worth it, they'll stop.

They are likely looking to replace TJ and Stacy. They have 20 house a day to fill on the main channel, and 13 hours a day on Q2, and there's online content as well. They need to have enough staff to fill in all that time and to be able to make substitutions as needed.

I do feel bad for the newer hosts, because the established hosts get all the prime hours, and get more visibility on the main channel. It must be frustrating.
Honored Contributor

Oh brother!