Honored Contributor

Re: Q DID WHAT? PREVIEW 9/26-27, CHRISTMAS COUNTDOWN & BRING THE HEAT!

@Spurt

groans

I think by now you can probably cut/paste text for every Sunday and maybe switch it up a bit as the seasons change

Mall looks good for tomorrow or just enjoying the nice weather.

Super Contributor

Video clip of a poor grey cat getting hit by a train

"One more Christmas show in September, and I think

I'm gonna be sick."

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi, Spurt. Another weekend snoozefest of tired old products-- Christmas and otherwise. It's like watching reruns from last year. (There must be lots of leftover items in the warehouse, lol). Perhaps the Q could save some money and show actual reruns, like the major entertainment networks do. The only thing that's changed are the prices, and they didn't go down, that's for sure!

Have a great weekend, all.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Super Contributor

Hello SPURT:  Once again your pictures are marvelous.  I always find it hard to choose a favorite because I want them all, but without a doubt this week I have to go for the grey kitty in the enormous pink ear muffs.  And, of course, I won't forget any photo of Grumpy Cat.  But now I have to tell you that you have been surpassed this week...!!!  Under Q Talk, look for the entry by Blue Lagoon called Too Many 1 Item, 1 Hour Shows, and look at the cat she has posted.  I am still laughing, it is so cute.  As always, thanks for the smile, Spurt, and have a super weekend.

Honored Contributor

@VCamp2748 wrote:

So they're still not bringing back the Poopin' Moose?  Color me sulking.

Fa la la...

@DoneTryin  Sorry they didn't bring back your Christmas favorite.....and it certainly describes QVC's programming these days ---so it would be so very appropriate too! Woman Wink

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@3cupcakes wrote:

Oh, spurt!  The fa la la la kitty had me chuckling, then I was laughing w/the ear muff crew thru the spaniel w/the remote, & rollicking laughter at that last cat on the pink blanket!  

& yes, I may throw myself down "that closed mine" if I hear 5 times in 2 hours about the older lady sharing her Argan secret.....

sending thanks for for your great posts,

3cupcakes

@3cupcakes  Hi 3cupcakes....glad the photos gave you a chuckle and thanks for your kind words.....

QVC and their vendors certainly need a new set of sales gimmicks....between "the closed mine", "the french woman", and "the teacher gift" tag lines.....they are all reasons to put our remotes to work!!! ---  where is creative innovation when we need it!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@homedecor1 wrote:

Spurt: as always perfect! And those kitties oh my one is funnier than the other...but, just had to add:

TSV for Friday kicking off "Countdown to Christmas"was perfect cuz we will need a good pillow to get through another "snooze fest weekend on Q"!

And of course Marie Osmond BodyBlade (or whatever it's called) to give to all our friends who want to get in shape RIGHT before the holiday eating frenzy starts"....

Good gracious who comes up with this programming...I don't want to think about losing weight the best time of the year!!! Just can't make this stuff up...Q does it for us!!!

Have a great weekend I'm enjoying beautiful fall weather while visiting in NJ!

Ill be hitting the apple orchards and pumpkin patches with my sweet granddaughter!

@homedecor1 Hi HOMEDECOR1---I think the QVC Programmers have missed their calling.....they really should really look into a career in writing TV comedy shows .....their pairing of shows is so much funnier than what the networks are offering...I wonder if they even realized the irony in choosing the MY PILLOW for the TSV --LOL..You are so right---you just can't make the stuff up----And I'm sure in the same show as the Body Gym, will be offering Cheryl's cookies or Junior's Cheesecakes---Woman FrustratedWoman Wink

Enjoy your weekend and that beautiful fall weather and I hope you will be wearing the PERFECT outift (purchased from QVC of course) for visiting the apple orchards and pumpkin patches with your sweet granddaughter (and I hope you picked up a Flashpad and Frozen doll for Christmas for her too) Woman Very Happy

Take Care!

Honored Contributor

@Sue in cincinnati wrote:

Hi Spurt:  OK, this time the squirrel with the earmuffs and the cat in the green & red elf costume are my favorites!  Plus I love your line about Emerill

cooking up something on a Dura Flame heater!!!  But, like you, I've always enjoyed watching Jim Shore (until they started putting him on at odd times).

Have collected some of his snowmen, angels and santas over the years.  Glad I bought when I did, they're becoming rather expensive now.

Anyway, it's too hot here to think about Christmas - the first day of Fall was just days ago!  Let's enjoy Fall first, before getting sucked up into all the Christmas hoopla. 

Have a nice weekend...Happy Autumn!  Sue

@Sue in cincinnati  Hi SUE---I laughed at the squirrel with the earmuffs and the cat elves too---I don't think either of my cats would wear those elf costumes---LOL!!!

Jim Shore is such a sweet man and talented artist....and I love to hear his stories....I don't understand why he only got 45 minutes this morning (not even a full hour)--GEE!!! And I got tired of Amy saying---"we won't have time to present this but it is available"....well QVC give the man more time!!!!!---I'd rather see his items and hear his stories over seeing and hearing another light projector presentation (this time instead of Bliss Lights, it was by Mr. Christmas)---ZZZZZZ  or seeing that Lenox presentation every 5 minutes---ZZZZZZ (I grabbed the remote to change the channel).....I do collect Jim's angels, cats, and snowmen that catch my eye,. and some of his Easter and fall/autumn/Halloween stuff too.... and the lighted Rudolph ornaments too-so cute!!!  I rotate them with the seasons, although some of his angels I keep out year round......

QVC and all retailers seem to just skip over the autumn/fall seasons anymore---at least Hobby Lobby and Home Goods had a nice selection of fall stuff!!!!  I put out all my fall stuff after Labor Day.....now if the weather would just cooperate it is starting to cool off a bit in the evening.....looking forward to seeing the temperatures continue to fall (pardon the pun)---LOL

Happy Autumn to you too!!! And have a wonderful weekend!!! 

Honored Contributor

@TNRatPack wrote:
I notice that some of those kitties did not look amused in their holiday duds! Thanks for the morning laugh.

@TNRatPack  Hi TNRATPACK!!!  I use so many kitty photos because they seem to reluctantly tolerate their wardrobes and seasonal outfits.......while some canines seem to actually enjoy wearing them......so the felines are funnier because the cats are not amused, and it shows---LOL!!!! Glad the photos gave you a laugh!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

Some cuties this week, @Spurt, as I'm especially loving those handsome elf kitties... Now, to borrow a phrase from Sir Paul... 'in this ever changing world in which we're living'... something warm and familiar is usually... comforting. Of course, not once it's grown as stale as a cupcake left on the counter in high humidity for, oh, say a month or so... Oh those show titles... The same qwap year in and year out... Of course, that applies to the merchandise too.

I have no problems, really, with QVC starting their Christmas, um, rush... early. It's what retail does, but truly, there's no need to rush to get this junque. They'll be hawking this same drivel for the next three months and, well, should you miss it. It'll be there next year... 

And all this on the heels of a full day of 'fine Italian' costume jewelry... Also no-see TV... Gosh, I remember when 'Vicenza' meant they were pulling out the good stuff... 

Sorry Q, no dumpster diving for me this weekend...

@stevieb  Hey STEVIE!!!  So will you be getting your Nick an elf outfit.....think of how handsome he would look----I was in Petsmart the other day and was laughing at all the Halloween costumes---there was even a spaceship complete with an alien for that out of the world experience, and the ususal--witch, devil, ghost and pumpkin costumes---LOL!!! 

You are so right---QVC's programming IS worse than a stale cupcake in high humidity....and at least they USED TO come up with a clever show title to disguise the same ole merchandise---but even QVC's Marketing Department has run out of new ideas and are even using the SAME show titles......SHEESH!!!! 

Yes, all retailers are bringing out their Christmas stuff very early these days---but gee can't we enjoy at least a week of fall/autumn/harvest decor and such to celebrate that season!!!  And some stores (and radio stations) start playing Christmas music before Halloween!!!  YIKES!

For me when I hear the words VICENZA STYLE I immediately grab the remote since I'm not interested in overpriced costume jewelry in the same ole designs......SmileyAnd of course a certain buyer just adds to all the fun.....

Oh Stevie I made yet another mistake---why I can't believe it--- I left LM off the Preview---how could I be so remiss---and I think that was so thoughtful of her to endure a 3 hour show for the viewer's sake even though she said a 3 hour show was difficult for her...........And she's been so hard at work---it was mentioned that she came up with the clever idea to add glitter to the Luminara candles--- Certainly a show we can all sit back and enjoy ---I picture a throw, the Malden Mills embroidered Christmas bedding, a Beyer's choice piece , and a special recipe--I bet you're making a note of the show and clearing your calendar as we speak.....

My DS invited me and another friend for lunch at a favorite Italian restaurant.....but she's not much fun to be around these days---she has too much going on so she is a bit cranky and grouchy---why she is so distracted she forgot to rub it in that her Eli and her Giants beat my Redskins (my Redskins who did their best 3 Stooges Imitation I may add)...And I already had a comeback for her , "although my QB may be ineffective, at least he's cuter than Eli"---but I didn't even get a chance to use it!!!

But with her very very busy work schedule, and a volunteer project she signed up for, and her practing for her 1/2 marathon---too much on her plate.... I tried to tell her to pick just one extra curricular activity and do it well, rather than having too many irons in the fire...I think I'll pass on the lunch and I need to run some errands anyway....I need to pick up a book at Barnes & Noble and run into Dillards, and maybe take a peek at Home Goods!---.

So what fun things have you planned for this weekend....has it started to cool down a bit at athe Qwappital....We had a brief ran storm last night--