New Contributor

Hi All,

New to posting, but I have a question and was wondering if anyone thought about this.

What is the deal with the QVC hosts still wearing open toe heels with bare toes... 

I mean really???? it is October. Just saying Smiley Frustrated

Have a good one

Trusted Contributor

Re: JUST SAYING

[ Edited ]

The deal is you are either older, old-fashioned, or just not up with current things.

Older fashion dictates are no longer the rule. Like wearing white after Labor Day. That was abolished long ago.

Open-toes shoes, like other shoes, do not have a "season". Besides, did you know that they were originally designed for toe comfort in narrow toe box shoes?

they are on the market all year long, but in the past you would only see them in formal shoes. Now they are the norm for all year around. Notice the designers are still making them, they are not seasonal. And here is one to astonish you, too!  It is permissable to wear socks with them as well ! True !

And this is not just my thoughts, as I am not a spring chicken. This is the style today.

You need to update your thoughts

on this matter to keep on trend. Woman Happy

P.S. Please excuse my manners, I got right into things without welcoming you to the forum.  I'm sorry ! Do come here with your questions and comments and get to know how it operates and get to know people.

Have a good evening!

Respected Contributor

Why not?  I don't go by the calendar, I go by the weather.  Where I live, the temps are still in the 60s & above, so I'll continue wearing my sandals until it gets too cold to be comfortable.

Honored Contributor

@Love2craft

You are going to see the gamut on the Q for a little while :-) 

This morning, Leah was bundled up in boots and hat/scarf/gloves.  Hosts will be wearing open toe shoes even as they complain about frigid studio temps and the bad weather outside.  I think many women equate dressier style with high heeled open toe shoes. 

In the dead of winter you will see hosts in sleeveless dresses.

Welcome to the forum by the way.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

@redhead78 wrote:

The deal is you are either older, old-fashioned, or just not up with current things.

Older fashion dictates are no longer the rule. Like wearing white after Labor Day. That was abolished long ago.

Open-toes shoes, like other shoes, do not have a "season". Besides, did you know that they were originally designed for toe comfort in narrow toe box shoes?

they are on the market all year long, but in the past you would only see them in formal shoes. Now they are the norm for all year around. Notice the designers are still making them, they are not seasonal. And here is one to astonish you, too!  It is permissable to wear socks with them as well ! True !

And this is not just my thoughts, as I am not a spring chicken. This is the style today.

Sorry to disagree, but it isn't just "keeping on trend." It's ridiculous to be out in bare legs and open toed shoes when it's hitting the 50's and below. The so called "designers" will make anything they think the public - the fashionistas at least - will give up their $$ for.  Yes I'm older, but not old fashioned and definitely not consumed by the current trend.  My trend is classic and appropriate.  The trends can go on trending and I'll go on being classic.

Honored Contributor

First, who cares?  No one is making anyone wear sandals if they don't want to and it's not up to anyone to say what anyone should or shouldn't wear. I wear sandals until the snow flies and it is fashionably acceptable to wear them indoors all year anyway.

Trusted Contributor

@Perkup wrote:

@redhead78 wrote:

Sorry to disagree, but it isn't just "keeping on trend." It's ridiculous to be out in bare legs and open toed shoes when it's hitting the 50's and below. The so called "designers" will make anything they think the public - the fashionistas at least - will give up their $$ for.  Yes I'm older, but not old fashioned and definitely not consumed by the current trend.  My trend is classic and appropriate.  The trends can go on trending and I'll go on being classic.

Dear Perkup,

You certainly have the right to disagree, no argument there. I certainly wasn't trying to infer that my thoughts are the definitive rule either !

But there  is another factor opposite of your situation. People living in warmer climate states, such as California, Florida, and even around the world  do wear these shoes all year long, or at least most of the year. So I think the designers also cater to them, why exclude them? I mean they do make and sell shoes for profit, no foul there. Can't call it a "scheme".

Then there are people like myself, who have hot feet all year long and might like the open toe for ventilation !    I don't have a pair now, but I did wear them back in the days when my feet and toes were younger and prettier !

Fashion is versatile anyway now more than ever. Today, I don't believe many of the "original" rules apply, whatever they all were.

Trusted Contributor

Whenever I see toes sticking out of peep toe boots, it reminds of earthworms poking their heads out of the ground.

☀️...And I think to myself what a Wenderful world.☀️
Respected Contributor

I think it is appropriate for women to wear what they like, but it does seem a little strange to see open toe summer shoes with winter fashions.  I sometimes see both men and women with flip flops on during winter.  Makes me smile that they don't care if their feet are cold.  My luck, I would probably slip on the first piece of ice I walked over.  I love my fall/winter shoes so I am anxious to wear them and retire my open toes.   

Respected Contributor

The hosts will wear anything that sells.

Open toed boots strike me as a bit peculiar for winter months.  One rain/snow storm and dropping temperatures in my area and I think "frostbite!"

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~