Valued Contributor

Right after 4th of July, they rush headlong into fall - jackets, boots, the whole works.  Now that they are transitioning for "Fall" into full-on Christmas, they are back to wearing their sandals.

Personally I wore my sandals up until 2 days ago.  I go by the weather, not the calendar.  I'm hoping I can wear some of my more fallish peep-toes a few more times in the coming weeks.

You will have to learn to take with a grain of salt everything the hosts say and do.  They will show athletic shoes, hiking boots, or just some really ugly flat, and they will go on and on about how cute they are and how you can dress them up.  They will say "I would SO wear that with a cute little pencil skirt," etc.  Forget it.  You will never see them in anything like that.  Most of them wouldn't be caught dead in them.  It's just a selling ploy. 

Welcome to the community!  Smiley Happy

"It doesn't matter if the glass is half-full or half-empty as long as you still have the rest of the bottle."
Esteemed Contributor

I say show your toes until it snows!!

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Respected Contributor

Lovetocraft, welcome; we're glad you're here.

Esteemed Contributor

@MacDUFF wrote:

I say show your toes until it snows!!

Well it IS snowing at QVC...just look outside those windows next to the big  decorated tree.  Ha!  

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Respected Contributor

Hello, Love2craft and welcome. Smiley Happy

I'm guessing the hosts only wear those when they're inside the QVC studio. Once they step outside and it's cold, they probably go back to wearing closed-toe shoes.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Honored Contributor

If open toed shoes were not meant to wear all year then why are there so many in darker suade colors??  Really, who would wear those in the thick of summer??!!!

Esteemed Contributor

I go by the weather with my shoes. I'm heading to Florida in a few weeks and plan on wearing them.....

After working all those years in heels......I make sure my feet are comfortable....

Respected Contributor

LOL, I'm still wearing thongs and I've seen snow here.  

The horrors....

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Regular Contributor

Love2craft: Welcome!  I think open toed boots are especially goofy...

Honored Contributor

@Love2craft

Welcome to the boards and we are glad to have you!

I don't know any more.  We have talked about the fact that the women in news and on t.v. wear sleeveless shift dresses all winter long.  I guess it is the style, but they always make me shiver when I see them!!!  

I see women all winter long going bare legged with dresses and I guess they are a much hardier breed than me!  I am also a much older woman and I won't say this is the whole reason for this giving me the chills when I see it, because I do see older woman as well as younger ones doing it, so -- I can't say what the answer is!

I guess, basically, if a person is comfrotable going all winter long with no hosiery and their toes sticking out --- then go for it!  

Not for me, personally, though! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin