Valued Contributor

Re: Q DID WHAT? PREVIEW 9/26-27, CHRISTMAS COUNTDOWN & BRING THE HEAT!

Hey SPURT, another classic review of the "exciting" offerings this weekend!  I changed channels to Valerie's show with Shawn while a commercial was on during Blue Bloods, and they were selling a wreath.  Well, Shawn said the pine cones were big and juicy. HUH??  Let me just say that I have a zillion pine cones on my property, and I can attest that pine cones are NOT juicy.  Good gravy, where do they come up with this stuff?

Saving one dog won’t change the world, but it will surely change the world for that one dog
Richard C. Call
New Contributor

This is so cute and funny, Spurt. At first, I thought you were kidding only to discover you were serious. I knew they started all of the Christmas shows starting in Oct., but this takes the cake. Thanks for taking the time to put this cute little thread together. I love Heartfur babies, and this brightened my day.

Honored Contributor

@katiescarlett wrote:

Hey SPURT, another classic review of the "exciting" offerings this weekend!  I changed channels to Valerie's show with Shawn while a commercial was on during Blue Bloods, and they were selling a wreath.  Well, Shawn said the pine cones were big and juicy. HUH??  Let me just say that I have a zillion pine cones on my property, and I can attest that pine cones are NOT juicy.  Good gravy, where do they come up with this stuff?

And equally as mysterious, why would they pair Valerie with Shawn... Who knows, she might have done a good job, but it just seems a bit of a mis-match. Uber glad I didn't remember it was on...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well, I see our annual holiday marathon is off and, uh, running... We've often heard the definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting a different result. It seems we need to modify that a bit and say insanity is watching QVC and expecting to see any fresh, new ideas...  Thus far in the infancy of this holiday shopping season, we've already seen so many joyous... products from years (and years and years) gone by... Our annual chintzy Lenox ornament package (give one each to all your kid's teachers...), our annual faux fireplace space heater (you'll be AMAZED at how you can cut your heating billl... yea right), flameless candels and more flameless candles (a Q staple...), Twister Trax (again Q, really), Valerie's supposed fresh wreaths (you know, that sometimes are and sometimes aren't), Mrs. Prindable apples (can we say mushy...) and, of course, gift sets of Poo Pourri (really Q, bathroom de-stinkifier...), and if this last item in particular doesn't show where the Q's mindset has been in recent years, nothing does... Oh, and the list goes on and on and on, and will continue to do so, endlessly, for the next three months... 

Valued Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Well, I see our annual holiday marathon is off and, uh, running... We've often heard the definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting a different result. It seems we need to modify that a bit and say insanity is watching QVC and expecting to see any fresh, new ideas...  Thus far in the infancy of this holiday shopping season, we've already seen so many joyous... products from years (and years and years) gone by...  Our annual chintzy Lenox ornament package (give one each to all your kid's teachers...), our annual faux fireplace space heater (you'll be AMAZED at how you can cut your heating billl... yea right), flameless candels and more flameless candles (a Q staple...), Twister Trax (again Q, really), Valerie's supposed fresh wreaths (you know, that sometimes are and sometimes aren't), Mrs. Prindable apples (can we say mushy...) and, of course, gift sets of Poo Pourri (really Q, bathroom de-stinkifier)... if this last item in particular doesn't show where the Q's mindset has been in recent years, nothing does... And the list goes on and on and on, and will continue to do so, endlessly, for the next three months... 

stevie, don't forget the "to die for" Temp-tations Christmas tree.....and the Old World Christmas dishes, the angel serving dishes, etc.  All those fine offerings from China.

I am surprised there is not a peppermint or gingerbread or cinnamon holiday fragrance from WEN. (haha)

Now, I will say I have had good luck with the wreaths. I give one every year to my elderly aunt in Maryland and get one for my dog/cat vet clinic.  That is the only thing I get from QVC these days.  And I did get the apples last year and they were good.  But I am not getting the apples this year.  Can you imagine the look on someone's face when they unwrap the Poo Pourri on Christmas morning??!!

Saving one dog won’t change the world, but it will surely change the world for that one dog
Richard C. Call
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@katiescarlett wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Well, I see our annual holiday marathon is off and, uh, running... We've often heard the definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting a different result. It seems we need to modify that a bit and say insanity is watching QVC and expecting to see any fresh, new ideas...  Thus far in the infancy of this holiday shopping season, we've already seen so many joyous... products from years (and years and years) gone by...  Our annual chintzy Lenox ornament package (give one each to all your kid's teachers...), our annual faux fireplace space heater (you'll be AMAZED at how you can cut your heating billl... yea right), flameless candels and more flameless candles (a Q staple...), Twister Trax (again Q, really), Valerie's supposed fresh wreaths (you know, that sometimes are and sometimes aren't), Mrs. Prindable apples (can we say mushy...) and, of course, gift sets of Poo Pourri (really Q, bathroom de-stinkifier)... if this last item in particular doesn't show where the Q's mindset has been in recent years, nothing does... And the list goes on and on and on, and will continue to do so, endlessly, for the next three months... 

stevie, don't forget the "to die for" Temp-tations Christmas tree.....and the Old World Christmas dishes, the angel serving dishes, etc.  All those fine offerings from China.

I am surprised there is not a peppermint or gingerbread or cinnamon holiday fragrance from WEN. (haha)

Now, I will say I have had good luck with the wreaths. I give one every year to my elderly aunt in Maryland and get one for my dog/cat vet clinic.  That is the only thing I get from QVC these days.  And I did get the apples last year and they were good.  But I am not getting the apples this year.  Can you imagine the look on someone's face when they unwrap the Poo Pourri on Christmas morning??!!

Oh @katiescarlett... the list could just go on and on and on.... And yes, I know how thrilling it would be to get a nicely wrapped present, open it and find a bottle of de-stinkifier... Even as a stocking stuffer, well, bathroom humor just never really did appeal to me... Some things are meant for us to purchase for ourselves or our families if we want them and I would consider this to be one of them. I feel certain that a certain hair guru will have some, uh, fabulous... 'seasonal' scent in store for his legions of devotees... and their dogs... and their horses... As for the Prindables apples, just too much goop for me, and that price... I think it's the luck of the draw with them and the wreaths as to whether or not any given customer actually gets fresh ones... Here's hoping your luck holds on the wreaths !!

Woman Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt ha, that is a great story about your kitty.  I'm sure she just wanted to help! 

Ella is defintely my "leaper".

I love the fall, warm days, cool nights and I have been gradually putting decorations out since Labor Day.  Over the years I've collected some really diffeent pieces.  I work in the Halloween items into the mix and have a lot of fun.

My biggest beef with retail is the rushing of the seasons.  I understand their objective is to sell but for me it really takes away from what used to be lots of fun and anticipation.  I'd be happy if they waited until after Halloween and then I probably wouldn;t be so tired of it all.

Esteemed Contributor

@katiescarlett ha, you and I must have tuned in a the same time.  Like you, I went "what?!"

I was sorry to see SK hosting that show so I went back to watching Blue Bloods.  I don't need anything anyway. I'm going to use what I already have to decorate this year.

Honored Contributor

@GinaV24 wrote:

@katiescarlett ha, you and I must have tuned in a the same time.  Like you, I went "what?!"

I was sorry to see SK hosting that show so I went back to watching Blue Bloods.  I don't need anything anyway. I'm going to use what I already have to decorate this year.

I think @GinaV24 that they're determined to 'replace' Lisa with Shawn... and just as Lisa was often recruited to host prime time shows, even those outside of her normal 'areas', they're apparently going to try to do the same with Shawn... Unfortunately, in her current incarnation... Shawn just isn't as versatile as Lisa was... 

Respected Contributor

OK, selling for Christmas months before Halloween has been going on for quite some time, but I really heard it all the other night.  The host wished the caller a Merry Christmas!  The item the caller purchased wasn't even Christmas related.  C'mon, it's not even Halloween let alone Thanksgiving!   It's too early to start with the "Merry Christmases".   One holiday at a time, please!