Contributor

Re: Prices are getting too high on QVC and now buying less from them

Dear pink dogwood

please tell me what "evine" is I'm a long timer shopper and retired now. I've noticed Graver prices creeping up for a while now along with others and I think Gili and halston prices are outrageous. You folks are finally opening my eyes and my Q watching has seriously decreased . I'm looking for better quality and better values even if it's not so convenient!

bj

Contributor

Can someone tell me what and where "Evine" is?

thanks 

Bj

Esteemed Contributor

evine is the new name for shopnbc. if you type evinelive in your browser, it should take you to the website.
Esteemed Contributor

yep, two of my favorite lines, along with motto. I was watching hsn this morning - they had sporto and easy spirit on this a.m. I bought a pair of sporto boots last year - waterproof, warm AND comfortable. I ordered my regular size in boot and it fit. I didn't have to play dumb games with sizing. I have had far less returns shopping with hsn and e-vine than with Q in the last 2 years. I've just given up trying to buy clothes or shoes from Q - the sizing is too inconsistent to waste my time OR $ paying to return.
Esteemed Contributor

This post really resonated with me. I hardly watch QVC anymore but I do check the website often. Once a day I check the items already shown on-air. This morning 

I looked at a Susan Graver clearance hour. The prices were ludicrous.

Yesterday I went on a shopping binge at Talbots. Between their huge post season discounts and my birthday month discount (plus a $25 discount bonus I had earned) I came home with an overflowing giant shopping bag of beautiful clothes...casual, dressy, and in between. I spent less than $300 for close to a dozen beautiful tops and pants. That might have bought half a dozen Susan Graver pieces, none of which would be made as well as my Talbot's garments. And then there was the jeans jacket that I ordered from Chico's. It cost less than every single jeans jackets I searched on QVC's website. I agree, QVC's prices are too high. We just don't get our money's worth from them anymore.

Honored Contributor

@Vivian  I'm chuckling at your post, because I could have written it ver batim.

I thought the same things about Graver's clearance sale today which I looked at online 

as well as thinking "and people complain about LOGO prices! Look at these!"

I also wrote almost the same thing (with the same discounts) about the Talbot's Clearance sale - see my post from 1/3 - just last Sunday - when I went hog wild at Talbot's and got a boatload of great stuff for little money. Here is the thread from the fashion forum - I hope you add your thoughts to it over there too. Smiley Happy:

http://community.qvc.com/t5/Fashion/Talbot-s-Winter-Clearance-Sale-Great-Deals/td-p/2431786/page/3

Contributor

I agree 100% about the ridiculous prices.  EVERYTHING of Susan Graver's is $50 or more.  How ridiculous!!!  I don't buy their clothes or hardly anything else anymore.  Jewelry isn't even reasonable anymore.  SAD   good bye GOOD QVC, hello ridiculous QVC

Frequent Contributor

I'm finding that I shop the Q a lot less too. I'm in an area where I'm 70 miles from a decent dept. store.  I've found Nordstrom's has a lot of great sale things, and they send you a Postage Paid sticker along with your order, so it costs nothing to return. I've ordered several cute tops that I love and cheaper than Susan Graver. She is going out of sight!! So are a few others. I just don't have the time to watch Susan G go on for 20 minutes about how great her liquid knit is!!

Who else gets annoyed when Q spends way too much time on one item? Another reason I turn the channel. If I have to hear one more time how great her lliquid knit is the most popular fabric in the country, I'm gonna be sick!!

Respected Contributor

Used to be the V stood for something. The Q is becoming less and less too.

Why spend 60-80 bucks on a Rayon/span top that pills when you wear it once and looks awful after you wash it? It boggles the mind.

Now if I paid a lot less I would then understand those issues. 

Respected Contributor

@Fionna wrote:

I use to like DC, but in the last two years they just seem like old folk clothes and I am 61 years old. I want something that is longer in lenght and up to date.

I use to like it too Fionna but since Gary has totally taken over things have changed. WHY for instance does every darn item have pockets? Pockets on shirts, jackets, pants....now I get that guys need lots of pockets but I carry a bag and want a smooth line not lumps and bulges everywhere on my body. There was one pair of D&C tall leggings I purchased for many, many years and now gone...no pockets so I guess discontinued. Gary...please stop the pocket madness! There is only one pair of tall leggings left (not in that horrible T-shirt material) by D&C with no pockets and they probably will be discontinued soon too. I better "backup".