Reply
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 112
Registered: ‎06-16-2010

Prices are getting too high on QVC and now buying less from them

I have been a shopper here for over 25 years and now I buy less and less. The prices are getting too high for me. I can not afford a 250.00 handbag or a 60.00 top.

 

More designer stuff that I cannot afford and not always the best. Colors are off and the sizes are not the same, even from the same supplier.

 

 

I wished they would go back and let us buy things that the normal customer can afford.

 

 

Regular Contributor
Posts: 157
Registered: ‎03-14-2011

Re: Prices are getting too high on QVC and now buying less from them

I agree and the sale approach is too silly.  There are also some very good skin care products available at reasonable prices instead of spending a fortune on promised miracles.  I USE TO ENJOY qvc AND LEARN SO MUCH AND BE EXPOSED TO NEW ITEMS BUT i AM VERY DISSAPOINTED.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,200
Registered: ‎12-24-2010

Re: Prices are getting too high on QVC and now buying less from them

I've shopped w/the Q as long as you have and it's not the prices that drove me away - it's the designs.  I just don't wear uneven hem lines - sagging pockets - form fitting coats - crazy shoes - and over the head tunics.  Usually I see nothing I want on the new PMS show.  They do have good prices on electronics and household products - which I do purchase.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,322
Registered: ‎03-21-2010

Re: Prices are getting too high on QVC and now buying less from them

I went shopping at the mall.  Much better styles and cheaper prices.  Deep sales too.  Puchased two tops at Ann Taylor and a couple at Banana Republic.  Don't buy any beauty products at the Q.  Buty at Sephora.  Much cheaper.  I will pay full price on certain things like the perfume Flowerbomb.  Stuff that Q does not sell. 

Valued Contributor
Posts: 822
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Prices are getting too high on QVC and now buying less from them


@mattyliz wrote:

I agree and the sale approach is too silly.  There are also some very good skin care products available at reasonable prices instead of spending a fortune on promised miracles.

 

So true about the skin care products available at better prices.  Now, I know there are those who will "poo poo" the idea of not using the latest and most expensive skin care line but one day while I was in Harmon's, my daughter asked me to pick up a jar of Harmon's True Value (house brand) skin cream for her so I picked a jar up off the shelf and put it in my cart.   I was already using, OLAY Regenerist, but I figured, what the heck, and threw in a jar for me as well.  I was totally shocked when I got to the register and they rang up $9.99 each. I've been using it for about a month now and it's every bit as good as the OLAY which was about $50 for the same amount of cream.

 

Knowing she uses this line I put a jar into her Christmas stocking and when she took it out she mentioned to me that Harmon's also makes a line specifically for using around the eyes.  Next time I go I'll give that a try too.

 

Maria

 

 

Regular Contributor
Posts: 170
Registered: ‎06-12-2010

Re: Prices are getting too high on QVC and now buying less from them

Sad but true.  The shipping and handling refund that is no longer in place was one of perks that got me to buy from the Q.  If i order 4 items, instead of one order, i should just do separate orders.  I ordered two of the same items - my daughter ordered one of the same item - she got her order a week earlier than me.  Wondering if i ordered 1 at a time if it would have come quicker.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 9,560
Registered: ‎01-19-2015

Re: Prices are getting too high on QVC and now buying less from them


@curlywhitedog wrote:

@mattyliz wrote:

I agree and the sale approach is too silly.  There are also some very good skin care products available at reasonable prices instead of spending a fortune on promised miracles.

 

So true about the skin care products available at better prices.  Now, I know there are those who will "poo poo" the idea of not using the latest and most expensive skin care line but one day while I was in Harmon's, my daughter asked me to pick up a jar of Harmon's True Value (house brand) skin cream for her so I picked a jar up off the shelf and put it in my cart.   I was already using, OLAY Regenerist, but I figured, what the heck, and threw in a jar for me as well.  I was totally shocked when I got to the register and they rang up $9.99 each. I've been using it for about a month now and it's every bit as good as the OLAY which was about $50 for the same amount of cream.

 

Knowing she uses this line I put a jar into her Christmas stocking and when she took it out she mentioned to me that Harmon's also makes a line specifically for using around the eyes.  Next time I go I'll give that a try too.

 

Maria

 

 


@matyliz@curlywhitedog: I agree about the selling of "miracles," as well. I don't think that just because certain skin lines are expensive, they will work better than drugstore brands. If they did, many plastic surgeons and cosmetic dermatologists would go out of business!

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor
Posts: 49,112
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Prices are getting too high on QVC and now buying less from them

I'm pretty much done here too. Prices, shipping, repetitive programming, lack of variety, unlikable hosts... Not much reason to stick around. Shopping should be fun. This isn't.


In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor
Posts: 822
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Prices are getting too high on QVC and now buying less from them


@stevieb wrote:

I'm pretty much done here too. Prices, shipping, repetitive programming, lack of variety, unlikable hosts... Not much reason to stick around. Shopping should be fun. This isn't.


 

Me too.  Although I do hang around for the products I like to see, I don't always buy them here but it gives me a barometer to use to measure cost.  For instance, when I saw the BOSE bluetooth speaker for $99.95 I went right to Costco.com and saw it there for $119.99 so I knew that even with S&H I would save about $15 if I bought it from QVC and I did.

 

But you are right on about repetitive programming and unlikeable hosts, it's what caused me to stop watching in the first place.

 

Maria

Valued Contributor
Posts: 718
Registered: ‎06-20-2015

Re: Prices are getting too high on QVC and now buying less from them

They do promote certain lines that you can't get on the outside.  I decided to order the Honora stainless steel pearl necklace for 19.96 and it came in a beautiful cloth bag and the item was beautiful.  This was my first Honora purchase.  I think you got to carefully watch when they promote something unique and not continuously shown IMO.