Frequent Contributor

Re: Prices are getting too high on QVC and now buying less from them

I checked out next week and it seems DC is on almost all day. They will for sure be repeating things.

Trusted Contributor

They won't cut prices.  They will give you easy pay to pay for the item but that's it.  QVC is a spin-off of HSN and yet they don't follow HSN's policy of reducing prices to eliminate the product.  If you go to the as-is section and look at the prices there that is the only place where they will reduce the price to get rid of the product.  Also lunchtime specials will reduce the price too but you have to be attentive and watch every day to see if the price is reduced.  For instance, Lee Sands stuff is still at the same price even though he is not carried anymore.  I don't know why they don't like reducing prices to reduce inventory.  It's a mystery to me.

Esteemed Contributor

QVC decided to turf their customers that lived in Canada at the end of 2012 and I thought for sure that I would buy something from them and have it shipped to the U.S. Relatives by now but it hasn't happened. I do buy some some QVC vendors that do come to Canada like IT Cosmetics and Joan Rivers. In the past year I've bought silver jewelry from Carolyn Pollock and. Judith Ripka watch all on clearance in Canada as those vendors are likely not returning to Canada. I'm not interested in Isaac Mizrahi clothes though because the presentations are poorly done with the clothes seldom fitting the only large model they use as she can not close any of the jackets as she's an XL on top. I do miss the Dr Denese Sunscreen but found that the IT CC cream does the same job as the Daily Defense cream by Dr D.

Esteemed Contributor

I agree with mostly everything in these posts. QVCs prices have gotten terrible. Not competitive with stores here at all. I can do much better shopping elsehwere. It is a shame but such is life.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Contributor

I agree- I know the Q is trying to appeal to a younger crowd, but in the LR days there always seemed to be one item on PMS that I'd buy or would love to...no more. Styles unattractive and overpriced. It seems everything has taken a $10.00 jump- I don't have to look too far to find quality items at a more reasonable price- and often with free shipping. 

Honored Contributor

@Fionna wrote:

I have been doing more shopping at evine too. When they first started as shopnbc they were too expensive, but in the last few years their prices have come down and I have bought several things from them.

They started as CVN.  Dan Wheeler and Mary Beth Roe were hosts there. Then they were Value Vision before they were ShopNBC and now Evine.  Whatever.

Esteemed Contributor

I have purchased some clothing here and the choice of colors in some lines is just awful.  They are often garish.  That keeps me from buying.  I have noticed if there is one "good" color in a collection, that is usually sold out first so I'm not the only one thinking the color selection often stinks.

I've actually increased my purchases recently but I'm sure I'll taper off now that the holiday season is over.  The prices are noticeably off from department store pricing right now.

Respected Contributor

I agree with these posts about QVC.  I rarely buy anything from here.  I have read posts on these forums for many years about this complaint.  

Guess what, QVC is not doing anything about it.  Soooo, high price and poor quality is working for them.  

Apparently, someone is buying.

Super Contributor

Breaking news

Macy's is cutting jobs !

Macy's is closing stores !!!

I have been in retail for many years.

THERE WAS A TIME WHEN CUSTOMERS REFUSED TO >>>>BUY>>>>MADE IN CHINA !!!!!!!   

NOT ANY MORE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Watch QVC.......the number of times "easy pay" is PROMOTED

Years ago people got married, got a SEARS CC......and the payments began !!!!!

Now...Sears....KMart are CLOSING stores

Here is an example of the easy return ABUSE. My ex wife worked for a nice department store many years ago. SHE told me of the number of women that bought prom dress's and party dresses and RETURNED them after the PARTY !!!!!!!   LOL

My neighbor keeps UPS in BUSINESS.......with QVC ....RETURNS !!!!!!!..

I shop QVC

I like QVC.

The shopping on the iPAD comes with a price..........HIGH margins on products !!!

This is NOT bashing QVC   !!!!.

We love the live demonstrations of products.

YEARS ago.......we saw the SAME thing at the COUNTY FAIR !!!!!

Remember the microphones, the large over head mirrors !!

"In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." MLK
Occasional Contributor

I have been a QVC shopper since they were CVN... A very long time.

I feel that prices have definitely gotten more expensive and the styles are not

to my liking.  What happened to Precious fibers, Dialogue??  They were

well made and stylish, not trendy..  What is with this LOGO style.. I don't understand

the appeal of wearing long tunics, that are layered one over the other, unless you

want to hide...  Yuk.

Just doesn't have the selection of days gone by or the a decent price for quality.

Even Susan Graver styles have changed and the quality as well.

I still tune in, but, seem to purchase less and less..  So much for electronic shopping.