Occasional Contributor

I know that htis has been discussed before but I wasn't aware of it. I was completely disappointed when I noticed a small message that the show was previously recorded. I know that other shopping channels do this, HSN, Evine and JTV. But QVC has always prided itself on being live. To me I find this new policy a complete lack of disrespect for their customers. If I want reruns I can turn to many other lackluster channels. Thanks QVC you have tuned me out. How about you?

Honored Contributor

I seem to recall others saying that this occurs between 3AM and 6AM Eastern time.  Since I never watch during those hours, it doesn't bother me. I can see where it might bother some, however,

Honored Contributor

I can't see why it matters since they are going to show the same items anyway so why make a vendor come on in the wee hours to constantly present the same item.  I think HSN started doing it so vendors for the daily specials wouldn't have to be available for all those shows and could get some sleep. It's a shopping channel not an entertainment show.  

Frequent Contributor

I think it would of been better to eliminate QVC2 channel and keep one running 24 hours.  This way they could of added new products instead of constantly repeating the same ones and keep their viewers interested.

Honored Contributor

@Cindipup. I agree. Think Q is juggling too many balls in the air. When finances are an issue, you cut the extra 2 channels (Beauty IQ the 3rd). By now they should have an idea how the beauty channel is going. There are enough beauty shows on QVC. I'm not a financial analyst, but when numbers are down in retail B&M stores or restaurant chains, you begin closing a few that are not doing well and dragging others down.

Super Contributor

I have often wondered why they don't pre record very late night shows. That way the hosts/models/crew wouldn't have to work in the middle of the night but we would still have new shows to watch.

Respected Contributor

I just noticed last night that they repeat shows.  I dvr'd gem day shows overnight. I realized when I went to watch that they were repeats.  When did this start on QVC's main channel.

Trusted Contributor

Perhaps they do this during times of severe weather events so employees aren't out driving around in extremely bad weather. 

Also, I'm sure it is a cost-cutting measure as it would require fewer employees to be at the studio.

BTW, it doesn't bother me.

Esteemed Contributor

@culebra wrote:

I just noticed last night that they repeat shows.  I dvr'd gem day shows overnight. I realized when I went to watch that they were repeats.  When did this start on QVC's main channel

@culebra .... It must have just started this past week .... I noticed it on Tuesday night going into Wednesday morning for the first time & I would have realized it before because I am a night owl & I watch QVC from midnight to around 4 am ... now that I know I'll watch the TSV  at midnight & change the channel.