Respected Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Was that on tonight? Not sorry I missed it. It was best when Lisa hosted from the park in NYC. Then they moved it to the studio and had the fake party going on in the background. Then Jane, probably the worst choice among them to take it over, appeared to inherit it, and gradually the alleged 'posh' gifts have become more and more mundane. My suggestion would be they either dump this show going forward or they award it to Katrina or one of the other less stale hosts, allowing them to bring back some true glamor, bling and posh to the proceedings.

@stevieb: I agree with your suggestion about Katrina hosting  Posh gifts. I think she represents true glamour and style.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Posh presents. Not.

[ Edited ]

Like so many others I miss Lisa Robertson on the Q! She was especially good and always so funny on shows like Posh and Monday nights on PM Style!!   And then as others have mentioned all the various remote shows from Italy, NYC or LA--those were so entertaining but always very special as well!!

Esteemed Contributor

I agree with many of you this show was not Posh presents!!  Lisa Robertson had posh with a capital P !  I loved watching it is every holiday time it was like a cocktail party everyone all dressed up and the items were high end and unique .  I'm not saying I bought a lot as many items were too expensive for me for this time of year , but I loved watching !  I also miss her beautiful Christmas shows ,  Lisa Robertson Christmas!!!  I have do many of those items still !!  They are beautiful , elegant ,  plus they are items I never see anywhere else .   Do many items now I can by elsewhere.   I have to mention I do like The items Jannine Graff, simply stunning brings!   Wish thevQ would bring back the Inspire Me Line!

I cannot watch JT any longer ,  I did tune in and did see her twirling around in that skirt which is styled do her .  I really think Jane thinks she is living in the 50's!   She thought she looked fabulous you could tell.   And of course the daughters were mentioned 92,000 times !  I exaggerate of course.  I just don't care to hear about her family constantly !   Felt kind of sorry for Courtney,  she couldn't get a word in and had to just stand there basically.   I do enjoy her at least she explains items and her voice is calming.   They seem to pair her with either Jane or Shawn ,  neither do I like watching .

Trusted Contributor

The definition of "posh" is: elegant or stylishly luxurious.  With the exception of the large hoop earrings there was nothing presented that fits the definition.  

Actually, I'm quite shocked that Poo Pourri and that darn self-adjusting DIY wrench weren't featured!!!

Honored Contributor

The Nutcracker.... Don't forget the Nutcracker... Woman Surprised

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

@Kitty Galore wrote:

I agree with many of you this show was not Posh presents!!  Lisa Robertson had posh with a capital P !  I loved watching it is every holiday time it was like a cocktail party everyone all dressed up and the items were high end and unique .  I'm not saying I bought a lot as many items were too expensive for me for this time of year , but I loved watching !  I also miss her beautiful Christmas shows ,  Lisa Robertson Christmas!!!  I have do many of those items still !!  They are beautiful , elegant ,  plus they are items I never see anywhere else .   Do many items now I can by elsewhere.   I have to mention I do like The items Jannine Graff, simply stunning brings!   Wish thevQ would bring back the Inspire Me Line!

I cannot watch JT any longer ,  I did tune in and did see her twirling around in that skirt which is styled do her .  I really think Jane thinks she is living in the 50's!   She thought she looked fabulous you could tell.   And of course the daughters were mentioned 92,000 times !  I exaggerate of course.  I just don't care to hear about her family constantly !   Felt kind of sorry for Courtney,  she couldn't get a word in and had to just stand there basically.   I do enjoy her at least she explains items and her voice is calming.   They seem to pair her with either Jane or Shawn ,  neither do I like watching .

@Kitty Galore   I agree with you 100%.  I keep hoping she will retire.  It is a shame they don't talk to her ecause so many say the same complaint about her.   They also need to getb her off the beauty shows.  When I see someone younger then me who skin looks 10 years older then she is, I am not gong to buy it.  Courtney does better by herself and they would save money by having only one host.   I do like her with Shawn but JT did the Posh show the last couple of years and it just isn't working IMO. 

Honored Contributor

I didn't even know this was on a few nights ago.  But then I tune in so little anymore, I missed the previews for it.  

I never like this show.  Lisa R. made the show seem "posh" but even back when she was there, although it was slightly better, there wasn't a lot of posh about the items presented.

I have no idea how things work now but I do recall LR saying that she worked with the buyers in putting together the items that would be in her Posh Presents show.    

Contributor

Courtney should have hosted this show - alone. I agree with everything you said. Posh Presents used to be one of the shows I looked forward to as the Christmas season began. Now it's just about as appealing as watching 24 hours of Dyson vacuum cleaners.

Esteemed Contributor

It tells me QVC doesn't mind advertising they DON'T SELL POSH ITEMS. Katrina shows more POSH on every one of her 1:00AM

shows. 

Honored Contributor

Of course, the extent to which the show feels posh has to do with the items selected for presentation, but as many of us are saying, it also has to do with how they're presented. Jane and her hyperbole can scream out POSH in every other sentence and that doesn't make anything posh. It just makes it nerve-wracking. A calmer, nicely attired host like Lisa was or Katrina or one or two other possible choices, can make even more mundane items feel a bit more posh. It also certainly wouldn't hurt for QVC to up the ante as far as items chosen for presentation. For at least six months out of the year they tout more or less practical and mundane gift ideas. They have some truly lovely things among items in their inventory and one might hope that for two lousy hours out of the year they'd choose to focus upon them rather than on socks, fake diamonds, pajamas, sneakers and so on. This show could be so special instead of being just more of the same.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...