Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

I used to love it years ago when Pat dressed up once a month for the 18k gold shows. She was always very professional and she continues to do an excellent job.....

She is always well prepared and well versed in whatever she is selling.

I remember those shows too and she did a great job and always looked elegant.  I prefer Pat and other hosts hosting alone.  The competition and silliness of two hosting is not enjoyable to watch.

Honored Contributor

@deedledeedeedle wrote:

@missy1Be warned:

You probably are not going to care for my response.

I have not read  a more condescending, nasty , and uninformed post! Pat James DeMentri is highly respected among hosts, has had her own shows for 30+ years, and is the ultimate professional. Until this post I have never read anything nasty about Pat.

@deedledeedeedle@  @missy1  If this is nastiest, most condescending thing you've read, I'd say you need to do more reading.   One big change in Pat that I notice is that she is no longer constantly apologetic.  She used to apologize over each and every tiny perceived wrong.  She's more "go with the flow" now and much more relaxed.  I've always thought of her as being an extremely nice person; now she's also a great host, maybe the best.  Both Jayne and Pat do much better alone than together. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I've always liked Pat's presentations.

Trusted Contributor

I could not have said it better. You are a long time viwer as I am and I think that makes a difference in perspective.  I also remember Pat doing the morning show and the gold shows.  She is always warm, welcoming, polite, informative, professional, and a pleasure to watch.

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@deedledeedeedle wrote:

@missy1Be warned:

You probably are not going to care for my response.

I have not read  a more condescending, nasty , and uninformed post! Pat James DeMentri is highly respected among hosts, has had her own shows for 30+ years, and is the ultimate professional. Until this post I have never read anything nasty about Pat.

@deedledeedeedle@  @missy1  If this is nastiest, most condescending thing you've read, I'd say you need to do more reading.   One big change in Pat that I notice is that she is no longer constantly apologetic.  She used to apologize over each and every tiny perceived wrong.  She's more "go with the flow" now and much more relaxed.  I've always thought of her as being an extremely nice person; now she's also a great host, maybe the best.  Both Jayne and Pat do much better alone than together. 

I agree about the "constantly apologetic."  A little self-depreciating can go a long way.  I also think the Q made good decisions with the morning show changes.  It was time for changing things up a bit.

Esteemed Contributor

Pat is a beautiful person inside and out.  She is gracious, professional and "knows her stuff".  Many,  many more of these new teeny bopper hosts (and some old ones) who talk a mile a minute w/out saying anything and screech at you, can take a big lesson from her.  Pat rocks!!

Contributor

I agree with you patriot. She is extremely patient, and lovely. I have always been impressed, but especially during a recent fashion presentation. when the vendor host was so enthused about the product, that it was uncomfortable to watch (I chalked it up to lack of sleep). Pat maintained her composer during the venders childlike outbursts, weird noises, taunting of the models, and unpredictable "dancing". Instead of changing the channel, I stayed until the end in support of Pat (I even bought something {some thingsSmiley Very Happy})

Esteemed Contributor

@qbetzforreal wrote:

I've always liked Pat's presentations.

----------------------

Me too!!  I have said before...she is the picture of a calm, cool and collected host!!  I do like her better as a solo presenter though.  

I agree with posters....no need for two hosts. Many just don't "play well together" and step all over each other!

Trusted Contributor

Oh, I do want to know who that was, Mommy4Charliy.

Super Contributor

Absolutely spot on!