Honored Contributor

Re: OPINIONATED OR SNARKY?

[ Edited ]

This is afterall a Shopping Channel Forum so there are going to be opinions about product, programs, personalities.....that comes with the territory....

But one tried and true rule on forums is to direct comments about the TOPIC rather than the PERSON writing the post.....  Too many times snark is aimed at the author of the post, and the person is scolded or lectured.....Customers should be  allowed to vent their issues/feelings about QVC....isnt that why the Forums are furnished by QVC....I dont quite understand why people have a hard time understanding exactly what would be written about on a Shopping Channel Forum....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

Differences become conflict when emotions get involved. Dr. William Ury, co-founder of Harvard's Program on Negotiation, is one of the world's leading experts on negotiation and mediation. He is currently a Distinguished Senior Fellow at the Harvard Negotiation Project. 

It's fine to have differences. Once the line has been crossed and conflict happens -- then someone's emotions have taken a negative turn. Why does this happen? Only the aggressor knows for sure. Thankful we can draw boundaries and refuse to bicker. Bad reactions perpetuate conflict.    

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

Personally, I'm tired of the complaints about absolutely everything.

And I'm really sick of seeing the complaints about the shipping.  If I was having that many problems, I'd quit ordering.

Honored Contributor

@MoonieBaby wrote:

I gotta admit - I'm a snarkMASTER and won't dial it back...I'm just sayin

How old are you, @MoonieBaby ?

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

Hi SuzyQ3 - 

Since I'm a kid I've been snarky - I'm old now and snarkier than ever!

Esteemed Contributor
@Shanus. There is a way of expressing an opinion without being snarky
Esteemed Contributor
@Lipstick Diva. Or you could stop commenting on the complaints or stop reading them
Esteemed Contributor

@Lipstickdiva 

I had never had any problems with shipping until it happened to me. 

I try my best to walk a line here on the boards, even when I have a different opinion, I try to make a generalized statement instead of attacking the OP.

I posted a complaint a few weeks ago in regards to shipping in the customer care section, and was surprised at some of the sanctimonious responses that I received. One poster even responded that it was my fault since I must have seen all the complaints about shipping. I am paraphrasing.

Once again it had not happened to me, so I took the complaints with a grain of salt. 

I detest snarky (rude) comments, its just not necessary. 

Honored Contributor

@Teddixat wrote:
@Lipstick Diva. Or you could stop commenting on the complaints or stop reading them

download (2).jpg

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”