Honored Contributor

OPINIONATED OR SNARKY?

[ Edited ]

I tend to know a little about many things and comment when something hits me. I can be opinionated, but hope the line is drawn there and does not get snarky. 

Tensions are running high w/ delayed shipping, higher prices, often repeated items and pre-recorded shows. Some of us are so annoyed it's difficult not to speak our minds.

Just a reminder to try to keep our complaints from getting too nasty. Please remind me if any of my posts get too snarky. 

Honored Contributor

Good reminder to myself. I just criticized the LoGo fashion line, but reminded myself that some people love that mismatched look. Shipping frustrations run high, and it will reflect on the Q's bottom line if people are afraid to order Christmas gifts for fear of them not arriving on time. Many of us will celebrate the holiday on the Saturday before Christmas which eliminates a few more shipping days.

Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

Good reminder to myself. I just criticized the LoGo fashion line, but reminded myself that some people love that mismatched look. Shipping frustrations run high, and it will reflect on the Q's bottom line if people are afraid to order Christmas gifts for fear of them not arriving on time. Many of us will celebrate the holiday on the Saturday before Christmas which eliminates a few more shipping days.

@AuntG   Hanukkah starts the 21st/22nd so same shipping issues here from all sites, not just Q.

Valued Contributor
I think this time of year is overwhelming for so many. The pressure of it all. To buy for neighbors, for teachers, for this and that. It's way too much. Apple this and Apple that. And the ante gets upped year after year. We forget what it's really about.
Valued Contributor
And before anyone says anything about teachers, yes they deserve, I just can't buy for over 20 plus additional people.
Esteemed Contributor

I've had a few people make snarky comments  on this  forum abt me for  having a particular opinion .  I've taken two paths , one  provide the facts  or how/why I have that opinion  or just ignore their snaky comment. It seems to be the same  1 or 2 people on this forum  who by the way  bring up any Topic they   choose but heaven forbid anyone mentioning one litle thing  and they  snark .

Trusted Contributor

Everyone just has to remember there is worst things in life than shipping delays, higher prices, recorded shows, repeated items, etc. If you are frustrated think about the people trying to solve the problems. Their jobs depends on what happens.

If a gift is delayed and it "ruins" or upsets your holiday maybe you need to to remind yourself what the holiday is really about. People will understand if you explain their gift was delayed. That happened a lot in the old days before the internet.

Someone/something upsets you take a breather. Step away from the forum for a while, watch a love/comedy show, go for a walk. And if you really need to vent give warning ahead of time that "you are in a mood". Maybe someone can respond with something that makes you smile. Don't make some other poster have a bad day just because you are having a bad day.

Honored Contributor

@Sheila P-Burg wrote:

Everyone just has to remember there is worst things in life than shipping delays, higher prices, recorded shows, repeated items, etc. If you are frustrated think about the people trying to solve the problems. Their jobs depends on what happens.

If a gift is delayed and it "ruins" or upsets your holiday maybe you need to to remind yourself what the holiday is really about. People will understand if you explain their gift was delayed. That happened a lot in the old days before the internet.

Someone/something upsets you take a breather. Step away from the forum for a while, watch a love/comedy show, go for a walk. And if you really need to vent give warning ahead of time that "you are in a mood". Maybe someone can respond with something that makes you smile. Don't make some other poster have a bad day just because you are having a bad day.

@Sheila P-Burg   If you're stressed and forgetting the meaning of the holidays and kindness, go see the Mr. Rogers movie. Saw it yesterday. Afterwards I felt calm, centered and like I'd had an hour massage!!

Valued Contributor
If you are stressed during the holidays, go volunteer at the local hospitals. Or food bank. I forced a few ungrateful little human beings to go with me at Thanksgiving to the homeless shelter downtown. Talk about an eye opener. Woke up their behinds.
Respected Contributor

Re: OPINIONATED OR SNARKY?

[ Edited ]

I know you're right....

But there's just SO MUCH MATERIAL to work with!!!!!!!