Respected Contributor

Nick Chavez is my - been there, done that.  It got to where I could get the same results with lower priced products.  Even the living proof line changed their formulas at some point.  Very sad.  The one item I stick with in Nick's line is the soft flocker.  I use it along with a hair powder I get at Walmart and it is perfect styling for me.  I am impressed with some of the low priced drugstore brands.  If you haven't experimented lately, do yourself a big favor. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Nick Chavez

[ Edited ]

@riley1 wrote:

I wish there were trial sizes for this very reason. Hair care, beauty products, perfume, etc. It's a lot to return ship if something doesn't work for you. 

@riley1,

@Moonchilde, Dermstore has some of Nick's products in small sizes, and free shipping. 

Honored Contributor

Thanks @SHOPR, that's good to know. I was willing to buy the samples, but when shipping doubled the cost I was nuh-uh, don't think so!

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

No, @SHOPR, this was my first try with NC products - and I DO wish that somewhere - here and/or NC website - they would give a clear description of the differences between the Advanced products and their non-Advanced (lol) ones in the same line.

There also wasn't a description of the difference between the Plump & Thick line and the Advanced Volume line. I asked about this in a NC thread for a recent TSV and decided on the Plump & Thick; I made the right choice for me I think. But when you have Regular and New Improved, and Volume 1 and Volume 2, discussing the differences would be very helpful.

@Moonchilde, I agree that it's confusing.  I figured the non-Advanced lines (ha ha) would have stopped once the Advanced lines came on the scene, but that hasn't happened that I can see, at least not with the Plump 'N Thick.  I almost forgot to check Dermstore.  I'm glad I remembered because I just ordered the original Plump 'N Thick shampoo, a small size of the Plump 'N Thick thickening mist, Plump 'N Thick hairspray (it has been my favorite for a while now--tough stuff) and I also ordered the Keranique Lift & Repair spray suggested by @qvcaddition.  I figured I'd just dive right in while the 25% off was available.  

Thank you both.