Esteemed Contributor

Re: New Hosts I Am Enjoying

[ Edited ]

Respected Contributor

Funky-looking eyes??? Smiley LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@giddy up

I only saw Cathy when she was very new and saw her recenly presenting jewelry and she had really improved and was quite present....

Many people dont like Mary Nelson and  they say she has a shaky voice---but I saw her with Jim Shore and thought she did a good job...........

Mary seems to have conquered the quivers when she speaks. Now if she could just get over talking uphill. In fact she talks so far uphill she often has to stop mid sentence, regroup quickly, then finish her thought. Actually I think some people have referred to it as an uptick. She is getting better about it, very very slowly but some progress is better than none. If I'm having a sleepless night (like tonight) and I want to watch but she's hosting I simply turn the volume down really low.....or mute her.

Honored Contributor

Wow.  I'm pretty sure Sandra recently said she's been with QVC for 12 years.  LOL

I don't care for Sandra as a host.  She bores me to tears.  What I really don't like is the fact that she never gives the full price of an item if it's on easy pay. She only gives the easy pay amount and how many easy pays the item is on. 

I think both Mary and Cathy need voice training. 

I really like Courtney Khondabi.

Honored Contributor
@Lipstickdiva - agree with you 100% about SB.
Honored Contributor

I don't care for Sandra Bennett as a host either, she doesn't ever show her personality, she is like a robot, and she talks too fast....She doesn't seem like she loves her job, she just seems like "I am here," that is good enough. I am not sure I am saying this exactly as I mean it, but she is beautiful and I am sure a very nice person, but she comes across as not real genuine to me!

Regular Contributor

The kindest thing that I can say about Mary Nelson and Cathy Pedrayes is that they have secured jobs.  But ... to me their voices and "cuteness" make them unwatchable.  Kristine and Courtney K are calm, professional and are mature, always acting  like grown ups, which is very  important to me.

Super Contributor

@Goldengate8361  have you heard Mary Nelson?  

I wouldn't call her voice shaky.  Just shrill and unpleasant.  

And they all need to learn to inhalebefore someone just collapses from lack of oxygen.

Respected Contributor

When Cathy mispronounced  Cotton and Button that was the last time. Excuses were made that it was a dialect and the younger set speak like that. It sounded like a Pre- Schooler. I no longer have to get up early so do not see her. JMHO. I hear she has improved?

Esteemed Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Wow.  I'm pretty sure Sandra recently said she's been with QVC for 12 years.  LOL

I don't care for Sandra as a host.  She bores me to tears.  What I really don't like is the fact that she never gives the full price of an item if it's on easy pay. She only gives the easy pay amount and how many easy pays the item is on. 

I think both Mary and Cathy need voice training. 

I really like Courtney Khondabi.

I too like Kourtny and Kristin Zell.  Totally agree about Cathy and Mary to me is unwatchable.  Nails on chalkboard.  Katie McGee is fantastic