Honored Contributor

The Q should hire Laura Slatkin as a host, she must be one heck of a good listener being married to Harry all these years.LOL I think Alex is a little brash and too loud, but they kept AS and no one is more annoying or loud than she is. 

Respected Contributor

3 words:  Tone. It. Down.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Honored Contributor

I find her rather loud too.  Also, we don't need more "made-up words" and questionable "slang" on the shows. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Shawnie wrote:

This early am i caught Alex with Mally.  Now we all know that Mally commands her presentation time.  Now just imagine an equal voice in every way fighting for that time.  Even her laughter was louder.  And ice that cake with what i will call "street talk and complimentary hand/body gestures"--I was speechless.   

I saw her also this am---total turn off.  If she is that loud now , can you imagine what she would be like in a yr or two? She is almost too confident in herself.

Esteemed Contributor

@kjae wrote:

Sadly, I am not enjoying any of the new hosts, all for different reasons.  Not saying that they aren't nice people.  But the Q went for a different segment with 4 of them and I think it is a step down.  The 4th, while sweet, has such a shakey voice that I cannot listen to her.  The quality of hosts was one area that separated HSN from Q.  The hosts were just several steps above in appearance and class.  Only the longer tenured Q hosts now show class.  They speak well and measured. Perhaps Q is going after the young demographic. I do not think it will be successful because people both younger and older than my 31 year old daughter do not make time for things like the Q. 

I agree that shaky voice is very annoying.  I don't think it is nerves either.

Respected Contributor

I had seen her a few times while channel surfing, but never caught her name.  I watched a bit of her a night or two ago & couldn't figure out what was so unusual looking about her & then, I noticed she's a very petite of stature young lady, but when she was standing next to those super tall models, her head or face was way larger than theirs, but on a short little person!  It makes her appear to have no neck.  It's weird the things that I notice sometimes!  Her speech doesn't bother me, she is very talkative.

Honored Contributor

Her voice is very unrefined.  She is in desperate need of lessons in elocution.  Among other things.

QVC Social Team

This post has been removed by QVC because it is unkind.

Honored Contributor

@Perkup wrote:

@blueroses47 wrote:

I've seen Alex 3 or 4 times now, and I have to say she has a very strong personality.  I have no idea what her background is, but she's very self-assured, she is not in the least tentative or reserved, the way most new hosts are in the beginning.

You are right - she isn't in the least reserved, but she should be reigned in a bit, and she needs a filter on her voice. I don't hear as well as I once did, but I'm not deaf and I hate being screamed/screeched at.  Can't watch this girl. Didn't see or hear her with Mally, as I can't watch Mally with anyone. There's another newby, pretty girl with long dark hair, who has the most annoying nasal twang I've heard in years.  The Q is really running me away with some of the hosts. Give me more Katie Magee, Carolyn, Jill, Mary Beth and a few others.  I don't want to be screamed at. Life's too short.

Yep. ITA. I had to go to my IPhone app for my new hearing aids & lower them to " -4 " (0 is normal setting)!!!!

Respected Contributor

Q seems to be hiring really young gals. They seem to be about 18 to 25....all seem short/petite.... I'm not sure what the business aspect of this is.....most of the hosts are fairly short (past and present/male and female). Even vendors too.

-Do Not Copy Pls-