Contributor
All I can say is I appreciate a more natural nail, just short and nicely polished that some hosts still have. I guess I'm not up on what is happening with fake nails now....but really can't watch a presentation when the nails walk in the room before anything else and scream nothing but ugly. There are several hosts now that look silly with these ugly nails. One half of the nail one way and the other half with sequins? Or long sharp pointy daggers. Who can do anything with those on?? Do people really think they look good? We see their hands more than them so please make it stop. Yes I change the channel....all the time.
Esteemed Contributor

I like short, plain nails best, too, but it doesn't bother me when other people choose to have long, fake, crazy nails, either. "To each their own" is my perspective.

Respected Contributor

Agree, one of the hosts has those pointy claws, and I think they are horrid! I can't stand looking at them... So I don't! 🤣

Honored Contributor

You know who I think has the most professional manicures? Sarah Anderson show host on HSN.

Respected Contributor

@foodie105 wrote:
All I can say is I appreciate a more natural nail, just short and nicely polished that some hosts still have. I guess I'm not up on what is happening with fake nails now....but really can't watch a presentation when the nails walk in the room before anything else and scream nothing but ugly. There are several hosts now that look silly with these ugly nails. One half of the nail one way and the other half with sequins? Or long sharp pointy daggers. Who can do anything with those on?? Do people really think they look good? We see their hands more than them so please make it stop. Yes I change the channel....all the time.

I strongly dislike that too. It's like those particular hosts are trying to be the focal point. The item they're selling should be the main point of interest, not some crazy, swirly, abstract mess on the hands of a host. 

Respected Contributor

Mary Beth always has beautiful nails......

Super Contributor

I definitely agree.

Honored Contributor

I really think someone managing at QVC thinks they will attract younger viewers if they do what they think are hip cool trendy things like the super pointed nails.

I'm sure they will never read these complaints or suggestions which is sad because they are valid to many.

If it is a makeup or nail show or just real life out and about, rock the nails you want but yeah when presenting something if all we can look at are the nails, you lost a lot of people I imagine QVC!

No watching no buying for a lot of people who watch a shopping channel. Isn't that what a shopping tv channel is all about and different from every other online company?! But they won't get it.

It must be some old guys thinking they are creating a hip new QVC-the stupid mickey mouse glasses, beanie hats, facebook, talking as fast as possible, fake excitment. It gets ridiculous. Even the hosts I know I used to love watching and yes buying from at reasonable prices and customer friendly shipping, are screaming.

What is astounding is that despite so many similar opinions about this, someone at the powers that be, continue to think this is what is going to sell. 

It just seems like a tidal wave no one can stop. They just don't listen.

These forums to many were/are actual talking to each other, sharing life experiences. To others it is their own personal (in their mind) blog or something. I don't know. It has changed so much. Things will always change but wouldn't you like to meet at their next round table business meeting on how things should be presented at QVC?!

People are different everywhere. I guess that's what makes the world go round.

What do I know but as so many here post "jmho"🙄

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

@on the bay 

Yes to all you said.

Many years back, I watched a lot of QVC and shopped quite a bit.  I was working then, so my viewing time was limited, and there was no Website.

Years passed, and I found myself more annoyed than relaxed.  When the voices, host antics and presentations start getting on your nerves, it's not a good sign.

I stopped watching other than a few minutes now and again, and I can't remember the last time I bought anything.

The last time I used my Q card it was at Zulily.

Honored Contributor

So many posts over something so trivial.  If you dont watch as many say then whats the problem?

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)