Honored Contributor

Re: My Grandma's Coffee Cake

@Kachina624 wrote:

Or you could buy a yellow cake mix, nuts, sour cream and whip up a Sock It To Me Cake in your own kitchen for about $5.  Same flavor and texture.  Pillsbury Bake Off winner when grandma was a girl.

Screenshot_20160904-183415.png

This one doesn't even come close to being the same.

Trusted Contributor

I found these yummy cakes at my local Wegmans.  So no more purchasing them at Q.

As for anything with free shipping, it's not!  They put the price of shipping in the cost of the item.  And if it's packed in dry ice, you can count on that's at least $10-20 of your cost!

Esteemed Contributor

@Mominohio  I gotta agree, a box mix with canned frosting wouldn't be close. There's no frosting, only a streusel topping.

I always try to dupe pricey items I enjoy but duping My Grandmas's is a challenge. Madasgar vanilla and Mariani walnuts set this coffee cake apart. 

Honored Contributor

Opened a raspberry one this morning and the texture is different from most coffeecakes.  These are so good that I decided to indulge in a pack of two from QVC.  

Respected Contributor

It is so easy to make a coffee cake.

Valued Contributor

Wegmans sells these coffee cakes for around that same price. However they don't carry all the choices that QVC has. But I would never pay QVC"s price. Em