Regular Contributor

Yesterday I bought one 28 ounce My Grandma's Walnut Coffee Cake in a local supermarket for $11.99.  Today QVC is selling two of the same size and type of cakes for $38.46.  Where's the bargain QVC?  Is it really free shipping?

Respected Contributor

Re: My Grandma's Coffee Cake

@Scooty wrote:

Yesterday I bought one 28 ounce My Grandma's Walnut Coffee Cake in a local supermarket for $11.99.  Today QVC is selling two of the same size and type of cakes for $38.46.  Where's the bargain QVC?  Is it really free shipping?

BINGO!

Honored Contributor

Free S&H sounds too good to be true and I think you proved it.

Esteemed Contributor

The Q's pricing is usually better than My Grandma's website.

While you may have access to shopping, some of us live rural and some of us are even remote so being able to have it delivered to your door beats the cost of driving into town. 

Honey Baked Ham used to carry My Grandma's but the last time I was in their store, it's another brand and $28.99 ea.

I always crack up when someone suggests "just run over to Costco".....some of us are hours from Costco.

Trusted Contributor

We do love My Grandmas, but I haven't found it anywhere but QVC.  Unfortunately, I don't like ordering 2 at a time.  I'm not a big 'store in the freezer' kind of gal, but that's me. lol

Respected Contributor

In my supermarket, they sell for $8.99.  I cannot believe the ridiculous price QVC is aking.

Honored Contributor

@SnowpuppyI'm not even in a rural area and I've never seen Grandma's in any supermarket here in my LI village.

I did find it once in a Florida gourmet market a few years ago - paid somewhere in the mid-teens.  Worth every penny, but that 11.99 is a great buy.

I also never bought QVC quantity just as I buy very little food at Costco because of the quantity usually involved. 

Honored Contributor

@lovesallanimals What's the name of that store?

I seldom even see Grandma's let alone at that kind of price. 

Thanks.

Honored Contributor

I've bought them at The Christmas Tree Shop for $8.99 each and they had about six different flavors.  BUT...when they have them, they have them and when they're sold out, they're sold out.

It's not something you can count on getting whenever you want.

I like them, but have decided they're not worth nearly $20 each.  We have local, independent bakeries that make equally nice things.

Trusted Contributor

@Scooty wrote:

The shipping is included in QVC's pricing.  Of course shipping is not free.  What rationer person would actually believe that there is such a thing as free shipping?  It is either built into the pricing or is charged separately; either way, you have to pay.

As far as the pricing, so what?  Not everyone has access to these products in their supermarkets.  It is good that you do, but others are willing to pay the higher price to have them shipped to their homes so that they can have them. 

As with all things, we are free to purchase or not.  It is not up to you -- or others -- to decide how others should spend their money.  I am sure, after all, that you buy plenty of things that others here might find to be frivilous or extravagant.