Valued Contributor

Re: My Grandma's Coffee Cake

They look delicious but I've never ordered them.   Just can't make myself pay that price for 2 coffee cakes.  The closest Costco is 120 miles from me. Only grocery store options here are Kroger, Walmart or a small family owned grocery. None of them carry My Grandma's.   Guess I'll have to do without.  Woman Frustrated

Honored Contributor

They've had them at our local supermarket the last couple of years.  $11.99 for 2lbs (or something close).  I bought the original and was.not.impressed.  Found it way too dry and seemed to be missing something..... and was so disappointed after all the hype. Maybe Q's are fresher or something??  After trying that one, I won't ry another .....   

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

Kroger has them occasionally, and I bought one not long ago.  I thought it was okay, but not great.  I don't remember what their price was.  I remember that it was expensive, but not as much as QVC's.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

Hi Ladies.. I have a supermarket named Met Fresh in the area and I found My a Grandmas cinnamon walnut coffee cake in there today for $7.29... Lol....!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My Costco doesn't have these, but they do have individual loaves of Greenlee's Cinnamon Bread, which QVC sold at one time but no longer. I think I paid about $7-8 for one loaf. It was very dense and heavy. Good, but not large (it caved in baking) and I wouldn't have wanted to pay QVC's price for three - it wasn't that spectacular.

I look at the My Grandma's when they are presented, but for me they would need more cinnamon swirl in them for me to really want them.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Super Contributor

I've been wanting to try a My Grandma's Coffee Cake but will wait until I can find one in a store. It might take awhile, LOL.

Honored Contributor

My Mom eats cinnamon walnut coffee cake EVERY day lol. She gets the Boston Coffee Cake brand, it's $5.99. Once we got My Grandma's because they were out of Boston and she said it wasn't as good as the Boston( and it is twice the price where we shop). Stop and Shop carries MG and Boston.

"If you really want to shock the world unleash your kindness"
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

A store where I used to live carried the basic coffee cake.  qVC

has a large variety like the. 2 offered today.

Valued Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@SnowpuppyI'm not even in a rural area and I've never seen Grandma's in any supermarket here in my LI village.

I did find it once in a Florida gourmet market a few years ago - paid somewhere in the mid-teens.  Worth every penny, but that 11.99 is a great buy.

I also never bought QVC quantity just as I buy very little food at Costco because of the quantity usually involved. 

I'm on the North Shore of LI and a local market carries them as well as a Stop and Shop by me, $8.99.  I also found the egg rolls that Davio's sells in S&S, much less expensive than the Q.

Esteemed Contributor

@Scooty wrote:

Yesterday I bought one 28 ounce My Grandma's Walnut Coffee Cake in a local supermarket for $11.99.  Today QVC is selling two of the same size and type of cakes for $38.46.  Where's the bargain QVC?  Is it really free shipping?

@Scooty

of course not,when did the Q ever give free anything?