Honored Contributor

@Pearlee2 wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Yep @Pearlee, we are...  Pretty clearly the moderators ARE reading our posts and by virtue of having seen things change and items addressed, I'd suggest it pays to express our opinions, within reason, as we see fit... Even before the moderators took a more active role on the boards, it was not uncommon for some posters to receive communications from QVC based on their posts and we really don't know what other changes might or might not have been fostered by feedback tendered here... Clearly not enough, but well, it is what it is...

Woman Wink

Then you and I clearly have differing opinions on what constitutes "powers that be." 

The Mods can relay things on up the food chain but it's a big food chain up to the people who actually make/change policy.  So, good luck with posting here something that you want to be changed.   Again, my opinion.

I don't know... I'm not sure what their internal mechanisms are for feedback generated from the boards. I do know that I and others have recounted being contacted directly by 'corporate' based on items posted here. In addition to that, I'd posit it's pretty likely board feedback is somehow synthesized and sent forward... The extent to which it fosters change is anyone's guess. Regardless, if the feedback isn't tendered, then there's precisly no chance it will be acted upon. So again, my own opinion is for posters to (again, within reason) have at it...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@gardensla wrote:

I'd like to take this rant thread in a new direction and introduce a new topic. You used to be able to make a change to size, color, or shipping address within a 24-hour window of placing an order. This was excellent customer service and saved me from making returns.

The new world order at the Q is to send all orders to "in process" immediately and restrict making changes completely, even with the help of customer service. If you try to make a change (or cancel outright) you get a "too far in the process of shipping" message.

I advance ordered a sweater over a month ago and saw that it had gone "in process." The shipping address was not the best as it would have to be forwarded. This was on Thursday last week. I tried to make the change and was unable. I called customer service and they informed me that they couldn't make a change as too far along.

So when did this sweater finally ship?

This morning. SEVEN days after I placed my call.

I find it completely impossible that no one could, with a few key stokes, change the address. It wasn't like I was cancelling, I just wanted a different, on-file address.

I think it's a new policy for Customer Service to just say "no" to everything we ask. Once upon a time, QVC was the best. I would say things have changed.

EOR (End of Rant)

Wow, that's unfortunate @gardensla...  I recently went to cancel an item that had been in process for a couple of days and was told they were unsure whether they could or not. Ultimately, they appear to have been able to, as the item didn't ship. You would honestly think that making a simple change within 24 hours should be possible. It'd be different if the item had, indeed, already shipped, but pretty clearly that wasn't the case, not even remotely.

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee nope, your expressing your opinion doesn't bother me, but the fact that the same old "change the channel" commentary is always offered up by someone whenever a poster put something out there that isn't glowing and complimentary of whatever topic is being discussed is pretty trite.

Esteemed Contributor

@gardensla boy you aren't kidding - that is really silly and IMO yes, CS should be able to make a change like that for the customer. 

Honored Contributor

@GinaV24 wrote:

@Pearlee nope, your expressing your opinion doesn't bother me, but the fact that the same old "change the channel" commentary is always offered up by someone whenever a poster put something out there that isn't glowing and complimentary of whatever topic is being discussed is pretty trite.

@GinaV24  No more so than the same old rants aka complaints.  

Honored Contributor

I guess the difference is that one can pretty much tell the nature of a thread before opening... When a thread is clearly a rant or a complaint and any given poster finds rants or complaints not to their liking well, then, I suppose 'don't open it 'would be somewhat equivalent to 'change the channel'...

Woman Wink

Valued Contributor

@MomCat wrote:

I see nothing wrong with the rants.  Most of the negatives posted here are only pointing out the obvious.  As petty as it sounds, it's just idle talk.  Not meant to be as serious as someone's health issue.  Rant on!!!  Some of this stuff is actually funny.  Makes me laugh.

You get it!!!!

Honored Contributor

And then @gardensla...  There's the converse...  Today, I received not one but two emails from the Once Mighty Q advising me that one wait list order I'd placed was being summarily cancelled because they won't be restocking. All right, so it happens, but the interesting thing is that the item is still shown on the product page as being available on wait list... Go figure...  Then, there is a second item ordered just last week and not ordered as a wait list item. Unfortunately, they now tell me that, well, maybe they'll get it to me and maybe they won't... and that I'm free to cancel, should I so choose... Nice of them, isn't it...? You have to wonder if they get it that the idea isn't just to TAKE the order, but to actually FULFILL the order...

Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

Apparently it's okay for some people to vent and rant but not others.  I've seen some venting and ranting from those complaining about this rant.  Smiley Happy 

Occasional Contributor

It's "obi".