Honored Contributor

Re: Monifa presenting exercise equipment

She is not the sharpest host in the studio.  I don't watch her.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@rms1954 wrote:

@NYwoman wrote:

I was VERY disappointed with Monifa's presentations of 2 Fitnation exercise equipments.   She states infatically that she is a long time licensed fitness trainer andb talked of her clients.   Yet she hardly spent 2 minutes on either equipment, allowing on older man and a plus sized model to demonstrate them.   All other hosts, even Carolyn, have demonstrated the equipment they presented.   Took all her credibility away.   

Fitness trainer ... does she look like a fitness trainer to you LOL.  It's one thing to present the equipment but if she isn't up to handling the use, that would be a discouragement if I were going to purchase.  And don't tell fibs about your training.

@rms1954 - are you judging Monifa based on her body/size? 👎

You're declaring her to be a fraud and lying during a presentation about her certifications? 

Tell us how you know this to be a fact - that she does not have a fitness/training certification.

Fitness trainers come in all shapes/sizes!

That is exactly what this poster is doing. Sad

“The fear of becoming old is born of the recognition that one is not living now the life that one wishes. It is equivalent to a sense of abusing the present.” Susan Sontag
Trusted Contributor

@NYwoman wrote:

I was VERY disappointed with Monifa's presentations of 2 Fitnation exercise equipments.   She states infatically that she is a long time licensed fitness trainer andb talked of her clients.   Yet she hardly spent 2 minutes on either equipment, allowing on older man and a plus sized model to demonstrate them.   All other hosts, even Carolyn, have demonstrated the equipment they presented.   Took all her credibility away.   

The producer runs the show, and the hosts follow her/his direction. 

“The fear of becoming old is born of the recognition that one is not living now the life that one wishes. It is equivalent to a sense of abusing the present.” Susan Sontag
QVC Customer Care

Esteemed Contributor

The hosts I've ever seen do any duration on any exercise equipment are Rick and Kerstin.

Trusted Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@rms1954 wrote:

@NYwoman wrote:

Fitness trainer ... does she look like a fitness trainer to you LOL.  It's one thing to present the equipment but if she isn't up to handling the use, that would be a discouragement if I were going to purchase.  And don't tell fibs about your training.

You're declaring her to be a fraud and lying during a presentation about her certifications? 

Tell us how you know this to be a fact - that she does not have a fitness/training certification.

I am not questioning her fitness training credentials.   Her biography describes her owning such a business.   I just question why, with such qualifications, that she obviously did not think it was important to show how the equipment is useful in training.   It was an obvious teachable moment.   All other hosts demonstrate the fitness equipment they present.    It looked like there was something wrong with it for her to so obviously avoid it.

And, PLEASE, it has nothing to do with her weight!!!!  After all, the QVC model used both equipment and she is a plus sized model.    

Respected Contributor

Possibly she has a physical problem and is not allowed to do any type of exercise now. There are many reasons why she could not demonstrate and she did not want to share. As long as someone demonstrates that should be ok. 

Valued Contributor

@NYwoman 

Even if so it's nobody business.

She is host first and foremost. Nobody saw her contract, nobody heard what her producer told her.

If she did something wrong she has bosses to talk to her.Models show equipment. People who really want to buy have enough info. If not so may be buying online not for them.

Trusted Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@rms1954 wrote:

@NYwoman wrote:

I have been a member of SEVERAL gyms for the past 20 years. I have NEVER SEEN an OVERWEIGHT female trainer or an OVERWEIGHT male trainer. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

She is not the sharpest host in the studio.  I don't watch her.

@Kachina624  ooooh. I've never watch her but you know your stuff so I have to accept what you say.