Trusted Contributor

Re: Monifa presenting exercise equipment

@Love to Run wrote:

@layla2450 wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@rms1954 wrote:

@NYwoman wrote:

I was VERY disappointed with Monifa's presentations of 2 Fitnation exercise equipments.   She states infatically that she is a long time licensed fitness trainer andb talked of her clients.   Yet she hardly spent 2 minutes on either equipment, allowing on older man and a plus sized model to demonstrate them.   All other hosts, even Carolyn, have demonstrated the equipment they presented.   Took all her credibility away.   

Fitness trainer ... does she look like a fitness trainer to you LOL.  It's one thing to present the equipment but if she isn't up to handling the use, that would be a discouragement if I were going to purchase.  And don't tell fibs about your training.

@rms1954 - are you judging Monifa based on her body/size? 👎

You're declaring her to be a fraud and lying during a presentation about her certifications? 

Tell us how you know this to be a fact - that she does not have a fitness/training certification.

Fitness trainers come in all shapes/sizes!

I have been a member of SEVERAL gyms for the past 20 years. I have NEVER SEEN an OVERWEIGHT female trainer or an OVERWEIGHT male trainer. 

@layla2450 What does anyone's personal experiece have to do with facts? My Body Pump class at the Y is led by an overweght trainer. I personally know a woman who has lost over 100lbs, but is still overweight, and she is a certified trainer as well. See what I did there?

YES, I do. You gave an EXAMPLE of YOUR personal experience, just like I DIDWoman LOL

Trusted Contributor

Watched Monifa on In The Kitchen With Mary and was disappointed.   She did not use anything.   The vendors did all the work, unlike Mary DeAngelis and David do in their kitchen shows.   

I have seen Monifa do an entire show sitting on a couch holding the products she is selling.   This includes another excercise show entirely sitting on the couch.   I don't remember Kerstin or Jennifer (both licenced exercise techs) ever sit for an excercise show, except for Cubi.   

Monifa is a turn off for me now.   

Trusted Contributor

@NYwoman wrote:

Watched Monifa on In The Kitchen With Mary and was disappointed.   She did not use anything.   The vendors did all the work, unlike Mary DeAngelis and David do in their kitchen shows.   

I have seen Monifa do an entire show sitting on a couch holding the products she is selling.   This includes another excercise show entirely sitting on the couch.   I don't remember Kerstin or Jennifer (both licenced exercise techs) ever sit for an excercise show, except for Cubi.   

Monifa is a turn off for me now.   

What is a licensed exercise tech? I could find no information on it through the State of PA website.

“The fear of becoming old is born of the recognition that one is not living now the life that one wishes. It is equivalent to a sense of abusing the present.” Susan Sontag