Regular Contributor

Sorry if this has been addressed already but where is Kate the model? She was a staple just like Jackie and I just recently noticed I haven't seen her. Maybe I'm way behind on the latest news. Hope she's OK.

Super Contributor

Re: Missing model

[ Edited ]

Could be that the vendors like Bob Mackie and Dennis Basso that seemed to like having her show their wares are not seen often. She was a kindred spirit on some of those shows. I also hope there is nothing else going onKateQVC.png

KateSkirt.png

Esteemed Contributor

I saw her not that long ago, but I don't remember what QVC show it was on.  But  you are right, she has not been around much.  I think that because they are only using one live model at a time, it seems, the models are spread out much thinner.  Maybe some of them picked up other work, whatever that might be.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Trusted Contributor

Another model i miss is " Blonde maria ", she is so elegant.

Super Contributor

Re: Missing model

[ Edited ]

"PuppyLips" has a valid observation. Basso and Mackie were ones that typically had 3 or 4 models showing different outfits with their items. Same for Logo that Kate was on many times. I said jokingly that Kate was the kind of old school model I used to see in Vogue etc. back in the day and could make most anything look good.

I guess another victim of this virus mania. 

Honored Contributor

I think some of the older models who might be vulnerable to the corona virus are not appearing in public venues.  I've also missed dark haired Maria and have only seen her in still shots.  She's  a grandmother.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Kate was on not that long ago.  I saw her , I think she was modeling Logo if I am not mistaken.  I don't think any of the models are working as much as they used to.  They are using only one or two now per fashion show.  I agree that Kate is a beauty, for sure.

Honored Contributor

Robert Lee Morris used to use her because her swan-like neck was good for displaying earrings.  I miss her and Aiko.  

Esteemed Contributor

@depglass wrote:

Robert Lee Morris used to use her because her swan-like neck was good for displaying earrings.  I miss her and Aiko.  

---------------

I have seen Aiko on lately, not very often though. Always liked her....

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I think some of the older models who might be vulnerable to the corona virus are not appearing in public venues.  I've also missed dark haired Maria and have only seen her in still shots.  She's  a grandmother.

I have seen dark haired Maria not that long ago, but have missed blondish German Maria.  I do think she was older, and guess she is out due for precautionary reasons.  Hope all is well.  

It would be nice to have these ladies we used to see all the time write blogs in the qvc website to tell us what they are up to because after seeing them for so long, some of us do miss them.

QVC uses a modeling agency that has a website with pictures of models available for booking, and both Marias and Kate are still on the website and presumably available for work, but I could see how pandemic workplace restrictions on the number of people in a studio may be keeping them off air.