Esteemed Contributor

Why do so many things arrive broken?

I think QVC needs to address this.

Sometimes it is that cheap styrofoam that crumbles......or shipping where it travels the US getting bounced around for a week......

It is so disappointing to open up your package and pieces are broken off...

No one makes any money when purchases are returned because they are in pieces...

Honored Contributor

Re: Why do so many things arrive broken?

The only way companies get the message is when enough customers stop buying.   

Trusted Contributor

In all my years of shopping at QVC, I've never received a single broken item and believe me, I've ordered plenty.  

I did recently receive a broken item from Chewy which they replaced immediately.  

Esteemed Contributor

Received a  VP  illuminated  mercury  watering can  set that  arrived with box dented  with only that  crumbly styrofoam , but luckily  they were intact. I have received other glass items from other companies packed only in this type of packing and  a few items were broken.  My  Slatkin 3 set candles arrived   damaged   but were packed in a 2nd box with molded  gray covered foam  that was excellent in keeping the glass from  the rough handling .

Trusted Contributor

I've never had a broken or damaged, item, from QVC, or any other company, over, many years of ordering. 

I've had the occasional(very)wrong color or size, but never anything damaged.  

Occasional Contributor

Wow - I sure hate that this is happening to you - it has to be very disappointing to open an order and find that.  However, I think this is less of an issue with QVC and more of an issue with your local UPS and/or USPS carriers.

Trusted Contributor

we dont know how many times they are dropped or thrown while being shipped. never have a problem with the way i get things shipped. im usually cursing when i'm trying to open things because they are packaged so well  lol... but after qvc ships them out.. how is ups or the other delivery people handling them.. 

Honored Contributor

@Nataliesgramma 

Its a puzzlement for sure....an item that has little chance of breaking arrives packed like its the Crown Jewels in multiple boxes no less,  while a delicate glass item is packed with little protection.....so the fault lies whether its the manufacturer that ships it, or whether its QVC ......

And there's no rhyme or reason even on the same item..I ordered 2 pairs of Prive Revaux readers .....one was in a medium sized box which was then packaged up in a smaller box....the other pair was just in the tiny box....go figure ?!?!?!?

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Frequent Contributor

I believe that UPS is the problem not QVC packaging.  I actually had a metal table

that I bought from another company and when it arrived from UPS it was bent on

one side.  Must have been thrown off a ten story building before it was delivered.

They are just trying as fast as they can to get these packages in their trucks now.

Esteemed Contributor

I have 2 sets of white bunnies on order from Valerie...

I am holding my breath.....