Super Contributor

Re: Mary nailed it!

[ Edited ]

Jennifer dancing, ugh!  This is one of the reasons I don't watch any show with Jennifer.

Esteemed Contributor

It's funny.  I used to teach Jazzercise (yes, it still exists).

This was many years ago.  I had to look at a training video (remember those?) and she said, more than anything, it's about entertaining.

It's marketing and sales, and what engages people.  The McLuhan factor - the medium is the message.  Or the massage.  However you choose to look at it.

Cogito ergo sum
Contributor

The best host ever to present Kim Gravel clothing was Carolyn.  Kim Gravel blouses are some of my favorite things that I have purchased from QVC.  After buying something weekly for many years I rarely watch QVC.  I personally do not think Carolyn and Dan were treated fairly.  Very few of the newer hosts are good at presenting clothing in my opinion.  I think Shawn does a good job and Pat.  Many of the hosts spend more time flipping their hair, trying to act like they are super models and those claw like fingernails on some of the hosts look horrible.  So much fakeness with the newer hosts. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sweetbay magnolia I was a Jazzercise instructor also, many years ago. I still go to the Carlsbad center though. Love it. Where did you teach?

Trusted Contributor

Oh @Sweetbay magnolia , you are correct. Being an instructor wasn't just one hour of cue's and music and exercise. I taught 8 classes a week and it was challenging coming up with daily events to "entertain" our customers. 

Esteemed Contributor

@cjm61 wrote:

@Sweetbay magnolia I was a Jazzercise instructor also, many years ago. I still go to the Carlsbad center though. Love it. Where did you teach?

You are right there in the thick of things, in Carlsbad!

Northern Virginia.  I never owned but i was a "top sub", always in demand and sometimes 2 a day,  Then I needed a hip replacement and one of the facilities I taught at didn't renew our agreement so I decided it was time to go.

I took pride in teaching top-notch classes (not everybody did) and attempting to respond to my students' needs.

I can't do the impact anymore.  Judi could be so demanding.  Is Young still around?  I think Chere is gone.  Nancy Brady?  @cjm61 

Cogito ergo sum
Trusted Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia Yes, Young is still around. I take her classes every now and then. Judi teaches one low impact class a week as well. Shanna's daughter, Skyla, is also teaching.

I also taught with pride and tried to put a set together to give the maximum benefit of exercise as possible. It could be difficult teaching at times, all the requirements, especially when you teach here. 

Sorry about your hip, Jazzercise now offers great low impact classes, at least here. Nice meeting you. 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I agree 100%. Channel changer for me. I do like Kim though.

"I never changed, I just learned."
Super Contributor

I believe that all of the hosts are scrambling and desperate to be unique.   I wish that they would just be professional sales people and supply us with the pertinent information and move on.  I don't like the yelling, over-talking,  fake laughing and super dramic expressions like they are playing to the last row in a theater.  Kathy Levine is an extreme pleasure to watch.  They should all take lessons from her. 

Respected Contributor

They are performers, actors, entertainers.

And what a show they put on!

Very entertaining!  Better than most fake reality shows.