Honored Contributor

@pupwhipped I find it annoying when Rachel is on and they always have to start singing....too silly!

Respected Contributor

I like singing and dancing added to the shows. I like being around happy people.  And really enjoy Kim and Rachael; it adds personlity to the show.  Kim is  trained singer who won Miss Georgia wth her singing and Rachael is pretty good also.  

I love watching dancing and like seeing it in the shows and I don't care if they talk about their families.  Talk about what you know.

QVC like HSN most likely wants the hosts to add entertainment to the shows so that is their agenda.  Maybe studies show that produces more sales.  Who knows.

I enjoy entertainment added and am more likely to watch then than when they drone on and on and on about the product.  There is only so much you can say about it. I like some talking, singing and dancing between the products.

Maybe they are following the concept of making the programming like when we had home parties with a "vendor" (who was most likely one of our friends) selling clothes, purses, Jewelry, kitchen products, home decor, food.  Hmm, sounds familiar?

Trusted Contributor

@Biftu wrote:

@febe1 wrote:

While watching a show with a possibility of a sales, you just never know when a host might break out into a song and dance. 

I was watching Alberti & Jennifer on Sat. Out of no where, Jen breaks away and starts with some "exotic" dancing. And it wasn't just momentary, she got into some time consuming dancing.

I'm not surprised either when one might break into a song. Especially on Kim Gravell's show. Actually, they like an old-time song and do a duo. And they dance, too. Multi-talented. 

Not much surprises you....

Jennifer dancing like that made a fool of herself.  It was inappropriate.

Gee, I am sorry I missed that. Woman Wink You guys know what a big fan I am of Jane's nasty cat dance, so who did the best inappropriate dance? 

I thought I read somewhere Jane had it in her contract that she and only she can do inappropriate gyrating on air. 

That Jen better watch out! 

Valued Contributor

I think Mary is by far the best all around host.  She's witty without being obnoxious.  Natural without tooting her own horn.  Works well with others. Gives product info without including countless stories of her family, good deeds and vacays.  

Honored Contributor

I liked the childish behavior and cool girl talk when I was 13! I don't want to watch it now. The CEO insists on entertainment but I call it childish and an insult to viewers.

Honored Contributor

@Biftu wrote:

@febe1 wrote:

While watching a show with a possibility of a sales, you just never know when a host might break out into a song and dance. 

I was watching Alberti & Jennifer on Sat. Out of no where, Jen breaks away and starts with some "exotic" dancing. And it wasn't just momentary, she got into some time consuming dancing.

I'm not surprised either when one might break into a song. Especially on Kim Gravell's show. Actually, they like an old-time song and do a duo. And they dance, too. Multi-talented. 

Not much surprises you....

Jennifer dancing like that made a fool of herself.  It was inappropriate.

I am glad I turned the TV off after Leah on Sat.  He came out like an over dramatic child and off it went.

Super Contributor

I am confused and i bet the hosts are too regarding the "entertainment" factor.   Watching Q this AM, seeing the OG Hosts working -- it must be difficult to age on TV  especially with the fresh young faces being added -- i sure hope OG hosts see the writing on the wall -- apparently even Laurie Felt understands the changing environment on home shopping -- no one is shopping like they used to and higher prices only are not the answer.  

Respected Contributor

I do not watch to be entertained.  But looks llike that is what we get nowadays.  Very annoying so I just turn it off if it gets to be too much. Some of these hosts act like wanna be actors but I guess that is what they are told to do. At least I save money that way!!

Respected Contributor

@jackiejenny   Jennifer was doing yoga poses.  I believe she teaches yoga.

Trusted Contributor

@KathyM23 wrote:

@jackiejenny   Jennifer was doing yoga poses.  I believe she teaches yoga.

I knew Jane had that no compete dancing language writtten up in her contract! Woman Very Happy