Respected Contributor

@jackiejenny wrote:

@Georgiagrama wrote:

When Mary first started at QVC I thought she might become one of my favorite hosts and I was hoping she would keep her own sweet personality .  THEN, they paired her with David. At some point she morphed into a female version of David and his style of presentations. She must have studied his style in depth because she sure acts like him. 

I could have written this myself. I think Mary DID study him intently in all ways and now it's hard to tell them apart. 

It's nice to learn from others, but please don't become a clone of that person. 

@jackiejenny   I remember how Patti Reily tried so hard to imitate Lisa R.  Very sad.

Trusted Contributor

@Georgiagrama wrote:

@jackiejenny wrote:

@Georgiagrama wrote:

When Mary first started at QVC I thought she might become one of my favorite hosts and I was hoping she would keep her own sweet personality .  THEN, they paired her with David. At some point she morphed into a female version of David and his style of presentations. She must have studied his style in depth because she sure acts like him. 

I could have written this myself. I think Mary DID study him intently in all ways and now it's hard to tell them apart. 

@jackiejenny   I remember how Patti Reily tried so hard to imitate Lisa R.  Very sad.

@Georgiagrama  I remember that as well~~~

Esteemed Contributor

@jackiejenny wrote:

@Georgiagrama wrote:

@jackiejenny wrote:

@Georgiagrama wrote:

Who is Nancy trying to imitate? Can't figure her out, but she drives me crazy with her obnoxious behaviors. First, I thought she was trying to be another Jennifer Coffey, but after a couple of views she doesn't have "it". Don't have a clue what she's trying to do. 

Wonder about her intellect. A couple of nights ago, a guest mentioned the Moldives. Nancy didn't have any idea where they were! When told, she just shrugged (like anything in a foreign country didn't matter to her or the rest of the world). No compassion or comprehension whatsoever. Made me uncomfortable.

She's a weird one. Can't watch her more than 2-3 minutes.   

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Respected Contributor

@BirkiLady wrote:

@jackiejenny wrote:

@Georgiagrama wrote:

@jackiejenny wrote:

@Georgiagrama wrote:

Who is Nancy trying to imitate? Can't figure her out, but she drives me crazy with her obnoxious behaviors. First, I thought she was trying to be another Jennifer Coffey, but after a couple of views she doesn't have "it". Don't have a clue what she's trying to do. 

Wonder about her intellect. A couple of nights ago, a guest mentioned the Moldives. Nancy didn't have any idea where they were! When told, she just shrugged (like anything in a foreign country didn't matter to her or the rest of the world). No compassion or comprehension whatsoever. Made me uncomfortable.

She's a weird one. Can't watch her more than 2-3 minutes.   

@BirkiLady  And, how about that sickly sweet smirk on her face plus mentioning the vendors name in every sentence...all on top of what you mentioned...she IS a weird one! Will not watch her...

New Contributor

For those wondering about the size of hosts and are they really telling the truth...most likely they are.  I've been to HSN studios and seen the models in person and they are the size of a stick!  On TV they look tall, slender, but fairly "normal" size for wearing small.  In real life they are so thin it is mind bending.  The TV cameras add many pounds on a person so I bet in real life the hosts are much smaller appearing than on TV.  Also, the hosts will say "QVC sizing" so you know how to relate to that and ya'll must have figured out by now that a QVC size L is really an XL, almost 1X in the department stores.  So take that into consideration also.  

Respected Contributor

@Pavlova2 wrote:
I’m a fan of Mary D- I think she is great host. In fact she reminds me a bit of former host who also has the initials MD - Molly Daly. I’m kind of built like Mary and was wondering if anyone knows what her normal QVC size is- I can then gauge how I would look in the the QVC clothing she wears.

On a related note, I will say I find it confusing when a host (NOT Mary) says she’s wearing size small and Iooks (at least to me) considerably larger than I would have thought someone wearing a small would look. It makes me think I must actually look enormous in the same garment even though I think I look as I would expect when I look on the mirror. Very confusing

I like Mary a LOT! Warm and funny and gives clear info.

Re hosts wearing what you MAY think is not possible, let me say the following

as someone who does wear Q xxx , xs and s depending on how I want the fit -I am 

JT height and weigh 105. Q sizes run large! I have not ordered a shirt in XS for example because the bust size is 40 inches!! Same with  jackets, the bust size can  run large.

Thats been my experience for years.

Frequent Contributor

many of the tops ie from Denim and Co and some from K Gravel and just too short for the target customer ( and hosts) who tend to be a little hippy- like me.

Esteemed Contributor
I agree about Nancy .. she is horrible!! ..I can't watch her at all 🙃