Occasional Contributor
I’m a fan of Mary D- I think she is great host. In fact she reminds me a bit of former host who also has the initials MD - Molly Daly. I’m kind of built like Mary and was wondering if anyone knows what her normal QVC size is- I can then gauge how I would look in the the QVC clothing she wears.

On a related note, I will say I find it confusing when a host (NOT Mary) says she’s wearing size small and Iooks (at least to me) considerably larger than I would have thought someone wearing a small would look. It makes me think I must actually look enormous in the same garment even though I think I look as I would expect when I look on the mirror. Very confusing!
Trusted Contributor

@Pavlova2 wrote:
I’m a fan of Mary D- I think she is great host. In fact she reminds me a bit of former host who also has the initials MD - Molly Daly. I’m kind of built like Mary and was wondering if anyone knows what her normal QVC size is- I can then gauge how I would look in the the QVC clothing she wears.

On a related note, I will say I find it confusing when a host (NOT Mary) says she’s wearing size small and Iooks (at least to me) considerably larger than I would have thought someone wearing a small would look. It makes me think I must actually look enormous in the same garment even though I think I look as I would expect when I look on the mirror. Very confusing!

Mary d has said she wears a size 10 pant and medium top. I too don't  believe when certain hosts say they are xs or small. 

Honored Contributor

I guess a good rule of thumb is to add 1-2 sizes to what they say they wear. 

Occasional Contributor
Thank you willomenia! That’s just what I would have thought because I’m a 10 in pants as well.
Valued Contributor

Think I have heard Mary say she is a 10 on top and bottom.

The only thing that I have noticed in some  fashion item as tops she keeps trying to pull it down so feel length wise she is not comfortable  wearing that item.

Will agree  when I hear some host say I'M in a certain size  really, why can't they be truthful, think maybe they would look better going up a size (JMO)

Respected Contributor

I like Mary a lot! Great host!

Respected Contributor

@Mimi NY wrote:

The only thing that I have noticed in some  fashion item as tops she keeps trying to pull it down so feel length wise she is not comfortable  wearing that item.

Will agree  when I hear some host say I'M in a certain size  really, why can't they be truthful, think maybe they would look better going up a size (JMO)

@Mimi NY .  Agree, Mary tugs at her tops a lot.  

Valued Contributor

@rockygems123 wrote:

@Mimi NY wrote:

And JT NEVER stops ! Pulling at her top and telling us her age (61) are sooooo annoying.

Respected Contributor

@rockygems123 wrote:

@Mimi NY wrote:

LOL...Leah does too...and so do I!!!  Just a habit I guess.

Trusted Contributor

I'm wondering if some hosts are actually being truthful about their size.  If I watch Q on my bedroom tv, smaller screen, different resolution,  hosts look at least 1 size larger than they do on my bigger screen tv downstairs.  David, for example, on smaller tv looks like he's gaining his weight back, not so on the larger set.