Trusted Contributor

Sure wish the model Adia would smile a little.She looks so bored,an acts like this job is so hard.Guess if your not liking the job then go else where.

Trusted Contributor

i agree that she does look bored many times, but she's one of the models i like. she carries clothes well and in spite of the bored look, she's pretty when she smiles. 

Trusted Contributor

It's the "aloof model look" 😐

Esteemed Contributor

I can understand, at least somewhat, negative comments about the hosts but now people have to attack the poor models because they don't smile enough for the poster?  REally?  what will people go after next?  MAybe we can start attacking the young people who occasionally appear on camera when they have to ferry items on and off the set during a show.

Frequent Contributor

I totally agree with you,  I've noticed this a few months back.  I think Aida's been with QVC a long time.

Honored Contributor

It's the model look, good grief she doesn't have to smile for my benefit.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

THe models are NOT QVC employees.  THey work for a model placement agency that has a contract with QVC and with other entities who need to hire models for various purposes.  So now even non QVC employees can be subject to criticism.

Honored Contributor

Oh for corn's sake! Really?

Honored Contributor

I just don't think the models the Q hires are held to a high enough standard. I thought the models were there to present the clothes in the best light to the customer. If that means smiling and twirling to show the back of the garment and how it flows, then so be it. I don't know how many times I've heard a vendor ask the model to show the back of the garment. There are a few models like Deanna, Melissa and Kate and the petite models Rachel and Kulani who actually do more than just stand there.

Esteemed Contributor

GUess you have never seen a designer fashion show with all the models parading down the runway with absolutely no expression whatsoever on their faces.  That is what fashion models do.