Respected Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

Although not the Q employee, I always thought the Q "chose" which models they wanted. Also, I think the vendors can "choose" which models they prefer for their collections.

I prefer a model who moves and care less for mannequin models which the Q has many. The model should show every angle, show walking and even sitting in clothing. I would like them to show where the waist is. A model should consider it part of her job to professionally show that which she wears. I'm sure they get a good salary and should do a good job like everyone else.

@febe1 wrote:

Although not the Q employee, I always thought the Q "chose" which models they wanted. Also, I think the vendors can "choose" which models they prefer for their collections.

I prefer a model who moves and care less for mannequin models which the Q has many. The model should show every angle, show walking and even sitting in clothing. I would like them to show where the waist is. A model should consider it part of her job to professionally show that which she wears. I'm sure they get a good salary and should do a good job like everyone else.

Some vendors do choose the models they want to model their clothing.  I have heard Dennis Basso, Louis D., and I know Joan Rivers chose the models for her airings.  I wonder if the vendor then pays the models salary.  I think there is a lot the viewers do not know about how it all runs!

Esteemed Contributor

@KathyPet.  I so agree.  It is really pathetic.  Honestly this forum has become a host bashing fest and I almost wish the moderators would shut down these comments.  Now they are bashing the models.  Instead of all the complaining, they should write a letter to management rather than bashing hots and models in an open forum. It is beyond cruel.  It says more about the posters than it does anything else.  I suspect they are angry and unhappy people.  I know the model who they are speaking about.  She's been a model at QVC for many years.  Surely QVC management watches the shoes.  If they felt she wasn't presenting herself well they would tell her about it or if she works thru an agency,they would take it up with the agency.  

Honored Contributor

I STILL think they sure hire some of the fatter (ummm I mean more wholesome) models.  I can say that because I was a size 2X, then a Large, now XL and sometimes a 1X.

They always put Jackie up there to represent us healthier girls.  Come on QVC put some other models that are a size 2X and how about some 3X models.

If you're going to sell 2 and 3X clothes people have a right to see how they look in them too.  

QVC always brags about selling the large sizes, yet we never see anyone wearing that size...

I think a size 2 and 3X can look nice in those sizes, why not show people what they look like.

I notice they ALWAYS have the XXS and the XS models standing around....

Honored Contributor

@KathyPet wrote:

@febe1 wrote:

I am not sure where you heard that QVC chooses the models they work with.  I do not disagree with what you are saying but let us remember that the OP is criticizing the model for not smiling enough.  That is different then saying she does not present the clothing properly.  PResenting the clothing properly is certainly part of her job. Smiling while doing so is not.

If I had to wear D&C clothing in front of millions of people I wouldn't want to smile either.

My personal feeling is that ALL posts about the models, good, bad or indifferent, should be removed by the Mods immediately and a restriction about comments on the models should be added to the community standards.  They are not QVC employees and should not have to be subject to the often mean and demeaning comments posted on these forums.  They are private citizens hired by A agency to model clothes not to be insulted and picked at by the negative Nellie's who are not happy unless they can find something to pick apart.  In fact I,would not be surprised to find that by allowing mean and demeaning comments about the models to be made and remain on these boards QVC might be opening themselves to a law suit for defamation. If I was a model for this agency I would absolutely refuse to model for QVC knowing that my figure, hair style, smile, and God knows what else would be open for attack on a public bulletin board.

That's my opinion and I am sticking with it.

@KathyPet  What an interesting viewpoint.  My jaw dropped, but it's "different". 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Annabellethecat - Not saying this is right, but perhaps QVC feels they have a couple of "healty" hosts to model clothing in larger sizes rather than hiring models? 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Super Contributor
if we are going here then Maria is the first to be fired ....she doesn't move at all !
Esteemed Contributor

I've heard "you never smile" "such a pretty smile,you should use it" junk all my life.  I smile when I feel like it.  A smiling model doesn't sell me the clothes. I'd rather an honest face than a phoney grin. Just my opinion.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Respected Contributor

I so agree. It's not bashing if it's accurate and customers notice and I noticed a long time ago. She acts like she is never happy to be there. She represents the line and qvc whoever she works for does not matter. It reminds me of people I see who work at stores and act like they hate being there. Just go home because no one wants to see that look. For goodness sakes be a little cheerful it's contagious. She's got a better job than a lot of people maybe act happy about it. 

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is inappropriate.

Honored Contributor

I'm sorry - is this thread seriously about the expression of a model on qvc?