Honored Contributor

Leah is my favorite QVC host---she is classy, professional, always does her homework, provides details on the product she is presenting.....always looks nice, I think that is due to the fact from what she's said, she selects the clothes from what's in the show and puts together nice outfits rather than relying on QVC's "stylist" which have been known to put together some ill fitting and hedious outfits...Leah is not self absorbed unlike some hosts, she acts like an adult, shows personality without acting silly,  nice speaking voice too...YEAH LEAH!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

@Patriot3 wrote:

Leah is wonderful.  I don't understand........if she can make her sales quotas by being soft spoken and professional, why can't some of the other hosts copy her approach and quit acting like two year olds??? 

She is always dressed "to the nines", too........JMO

$64K questions

and then they team with her opposite 

@jackthebear 

In reading the 2021 Quarterly report that @banned again  posted in the Q Talk section, the problem is that QVC Executives seem to want the hosts to be silly, narcisstic TV "entertainers" rather than knowledgeable, professional shopping host sales people....I thought it was interesting that according to the recent financial report QVC viewership declined....it doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out why....SMH!!! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@BlueFinch wrote:

I really like Leah, too. She radiates such a lovely energy, that jumps right out of the screen. She seems very authentic, with no pretenses.

She is not someone who self promotes. In fact, sometimes she seems a little shy, or perhaps embarrassed, when the focus turns on her.

People complain about her working with Shawn, but I feel Shawn has brought her out a little. It's fun to see Leah become a little playful, as she is usually so directed and professional.

That said, I wouldn't want all hosts to be just like her. There's a place for different personalities and styles. After all, viewers are all unique personalities, too. 

Yes, it would be boring if all the hosts acted the same and its nice to see different personalities and styles emerge...I think Leah is the best!!! There's also the "quiet" and professional and well informed Elise, the tried and true veterans---Mary Beth and Pat....the fun loving and knowledgeable Dan Hughes that lets the vendor speak, Carolyn who is pleasant, very informative about the products, and is personable, and has a friendly personality (and she loves animals--which appeals to me and a lot of people), there's the professional and well informed Jayne Brown who likes to throw in some fun but doesn't overdo it...Mary D is much like this too...Katrina who is pleasant, calm, professional and has a ton of knowledge and expertise she shares with viewers with her vast fashion background.... Even Rick has his enjoyable moments when paired with just the right vendor like Valerie Parr Hill and Tara from Temptations...There are others that are okay...

However, there are others that are self-focused and drive the customers to grab their remote no matter how enticing the show products may be....Some talk more about their families or themselves and pretty much ignore the product except to go over and over and over the colors again and again...There's the "fantasy story tellers" that come across as ill prepared, some are giggly, immature, and narcisstic, and some come across as bored.....some appear to want to be fashion models more than they do a host.....Some also come across as  insincere, phony, and fake....  

No matter what type of personality----hosts have to keep in mind that their main job is to do their homework and be knowledgeable about what they are presenting and SELL THE PRODUCTS to the customers!!! Afterall that's the main purpose of QVC!!!

Valued Contributor

When I see her, I know she willprovide all the information I need to purchase the product.There are some people that make you smile ,when you see them...she is one of those people.No host does as good a job of presenting the products as Leah.Also I wanted to mention that a few years ago,I was watching her and a lady called in.The lady seemed to have a problem and Leah recognized that the lady was apparently lonely.Leah did not rush her,and spent quite awhile patiently talking to her.I thought at the time it was one of the kindest things,I had seen a host do.Leah must be a very kind  person.That day I know she made a difference in that persons life.

Respected Contributor

I think it would be awesome to go on a qvc tour.i would love to meet hosts like leah.she is old school classy with a capital c!no nonsense on her shows,and she describes items to a tee.if I remember right,years ago when my husband,daughter and 2 necessary went to mall of america.if my mind remembers right,wasn't there a qvc outlet in mall?I could swear.............

Respected Contributor

@Luvsmyfam wrote:

I think it would be awesome to go on a qvc tour.i would love to meet hosts like leah.she is old school classy with a capital c!no nonsense on her shows,and she describes items to a tee.if I remember right,years ago when my husband,daughter and 2 necessary went to mall of america.if my mind remembers right,wasn't there a qvc outlet in mall?I could swear.............

@Luvsmyfam   I went on the tour about 15 years ago.  It was fun.  You don't meet any of the hosts unless if they're passing by in a hallway, but nowadays, that likely won't happen.  There are levels in the studio.  The guided tour I was on took us up on a catwalk and we were able to look down on a set.  I recall Jan Mueller being a few feet below us changing his shirt while out of camera range.  A little further on the tour, we were above Carolyn Gracie so she waved up at us.  They do ask you to remain silent as they are taping segments below.   The tourguide gives you some interesting facts  and asks the group questions along the way.  I recall hearing that the very first product sold on air was a showerhead radio.  We were allowed to go into the empty auditorium where the live audiences take place.  Since it was empty, we all took seats and listened to the guide for a few minutes we continued the tour.   I also know I heard that employees do get a discount, and for the life of me I can't recall the amount, but I'm pretty sure they said 40%.  That's a big discount so maybe I'm mistaken or maybe it's not that much nowadays so don't quote me.  The tour ended by the QVC Store where they sold some merchandise, nothing great.  In fact, the only thing I bought was a neat silvertone QVC keychain which I tucked away in its soft pouch.  If you get the opportunity, go take the tour.  You'll have fun.

Honored Contributor

@BarbiHollywood wrote:

@Luvsmyfam wrote:

@Luvsmyfam   I went on the tour about 15 years ago.  It was fun.  You don't meet any of the hosts unless if they're passing by in a hallway, but nowadays, that likely won't happen.  There are levels in the studio.  The guided tour I was on took us up on a catwalk and we were able to look down on a set.  I recall Jan Mueller being a few feet below us changing his shirt while out of camera range.  A little further on the tour, we were above Carolyn Gracie so she waved up at us.  They do ask you to remain silent as they are taping segments below.   The tourguide gives you some interesting facts  and asks the group questions along the way.  I recall hearing that the very first product sold on air was a showerhead radio.  We were allowed to go into the empty auditorium where the live audiences take place.  Since it was empty, we all took seats and listened to the guide for a few minutes we continued the tour.   I also know I heard that employees do get a discount, and for the life of me I can't recall the amount, but I'm pretty sure they said 40%.  That's a big discount so maybe I'm mistaken or maybe it's not that much nowadays so don't quote me.  The tour ended by the QVC Store where they sold some merchandise, nothing great.  In fact, the only thing I bought was a neat silvertone QVC keychain which I tucked away in its soft pouch.  If you get the opportunity, go take the tour.  You'll have fun.

@BarbiHollywood @Luvsmyfam  I'm pretty sure the studio tours were discontinued in 2019.

Honored Contributor

I went on the studio tours years ago and really enjoyed it.  I saw Jane T doing her silver show in the morning and later saw Rick doing a cooking show. He waved and said on air he was waving at the tour people.  We then went to their store where they had the tsv which was a leather jacket.  It was so cool to see the things in person that was on air.  My DH even enjoyed it.

Honored Contributor

As far as I can tell Leah keeps her personal life private. I've never seen her do any programming from her home either. 

She is very gracious, well-spoken, and always dresses very nicely. 

Respected Contributor

Leah is one of my top 3 hosts along with Mary Beth and Carolyn. She could convince me to buy almost anything Smiley Happy