Respected Contributor

They go to a nearby city, then here, then back to that nearby city, and finally are accepted here?  This is not a 1 time thing.  Anyone else having this happen?

I called but there is no answer so I'll ask the next time I'm there and reply here.

Honored Contributor

From what I experienced, this has become normal for USPS. 

A recent order was dropped off at a facility 30 miles from my house, then traveled to another state, and back again.  

Respected Contributor
Jackhound: Yes noticed the same. Also had a couple packages delivered when tracking said they were still in NJ and I live in VA. First class postage going up substantially in August, yet continue wondering what they spend the money on when there is no USPS service improvement.
Respected Contributor

I live in GA.  Had package moving down East Coast from QVC.  Got to GA, about an hour away.  Then took a sling shot all the way to the Northwest (stopping along the way).  Came all the way back to GA and then back up East Coast before it shipped to me again.  I remember being at post office for something else and mentioning this to one of the workers.  He was shocked.

Super Contributor

Oh this has been going on for quite some time I think I complained on this . I am in Md. an order starts out in N Carolina goes to Virginia then New Jersey then to me in Md.. I am so tired of delays .. one time an order actually went from the east coast to Illinois and then to me.. ridiculous .. 

Respected Contributor

My 2 Kim Gravel tops - shipped July 1st are in my town, but tracking says there will be a delay.  I have no idea what is going on.  It is very frustrating.  I should have upgraded to UPS delivery.

Esteemed Contributor

@stellabystarlight - Perhaps you'll have the same karma as me: I had a KG top arrive at my local post office and got the same update about a delay, but the package was delivered the very next day, just as anticipated. Good luck!

Respected Contributor

@loriqvc   Thank you.  I hope I receive them soon.  Quite annoying.

Valued Contributor

This has happened often with my orders but never with anyone but QVC.

Honored Contributor

Remember, Q ships most things at the parcel post, the lowest level priority. Countless retailers use parcel post and rely on third parties to pick up mail and move it to another location.

Those third party companies aren't going to make a trip unless it is profitable. They pick up everything at a USPS location and move it to the next USPS location....thus it can go to multiple cities.  There are 2 issues:

1. Q's choice of shipping

2. Third party profits

It's not the fault of USPS in the majority of cases when the lowest priority mail option is chosen by the retailer.