Occasional Contributor

Lack of Return Labels with Items

[ Edited ]

Long time Q customer here.....

I've noticed many of my shipments are coming in without return labels. 

Because I don't have a home printer, I had to call Customer service and have them mail me some. Not convenient. I also tried taking return labels from other shipments but the

codes don't match. 

Today I called for a label and I asked why some shipments have labels and some don't.

The rep said that they are doing away with return labels. That we will have to either find one with the order status online and print it, or have it mailed to us. 

My feeling is the Q is trying to discourage returns by doing this. Certainly, it couldn't cost that much for including the labels, especially for a succesful company like the Q. 

This will make it a lot more inconvenient for me and the return will take longer.

Anyone else feel as I do??

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Lack of Return Labels with Items

I agree that I think it is poor customer service.  I actually sent an email to the QVC social team a while back to ask if they are doing away with return labels and did not get a response.

They are assuming that most of their customers have access to a computer and printer.  Most people do.  However, some don't.  And those that do know that often the printer is not working right, or you are out of ink, or whatever.

The point is that they are now putting the burden, and the COST, of return labels onto the customer.

Just like banks and credit card companies, etc. want us all to get online statements (to reduce their printing and mailing costs), this is just another example of big companies shifting the burden and cost to their customers.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Super Contributor

If they are doing away with return labels, they should completely do away with return label fees.  I have read of several people returning their items paying for shipping at the PO, only to have a $6.95 return fee deducted from their card when they didn't even use QVC's label.

Honored Contributor

I am annoyed about the return labels being phased out as I also was informed by Customer Service.  Printing  labels can discourage returns and may likely be one of the reasons for it.  I wasn't able to print a label to return an item as the return label didn't print, I tried three times wasting paper.  I called CS and was told they would mail a label, I am still waiting and have a feeling I will be making another CS call.  In my opinion this is not a thought out decision and affects the customer in a negative way.  

Honored Contributor

I buy very little from QVC and only if I'm 99.9% sure of either keeping it or donating it.  Can't remember ever returning anything.

Honored Contributor

You all apparently don't do much shopping online.  I don't get invoices or return labels from any merchant anymore.  The great Amazon has never sent them since I've shopped there.  The most recent absence of any paperwork was with Zappos.  It's the trend in the industry.  Maybe a small investment in a printer would be wise.  They're handy for many reasons.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

save a tree!!

join in with reducing waste.   

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Esteemed Contributor

@TheMemphisVette wrote:

save a tree!!

join in with reducing waste.   

@TheMemphisVette 

It's ironic that the last few items that I have received from Q, HSN and Amazon all had return labels which were not used.  I want as little paper clutter as possible.  I hate the amount of paper circulars, catalogs, junk mail in my mail box which goes directly to recycle. 

I don't want paper bills of any kind because it's all available on line.  Grocery store coupons are available on line as are the weekly circulars. Coupons are automatically credited when I shop. So many options to help the environment.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I also do not like them  not sending any return labels, and as far as ordering from amazon, they make it easier,and i have at times, had them say ,keep it,and they refund my payment.And some of us ,do not have a place for a printer!!!

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@mspatmac    I get most of my orders from the California warehouses and I get lots of them.  Its been months and months, maybe years, since I got a single invoice in one of those.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment