Esteemed Contributor

Re: LR in Beverly Hills interviewing MZ

@tropics21 wrote:

In my opinion, Lisa Robertson is past her prime. Secondly, I don't feel, as many do, that Lisa left qvc on good terms.  Thirdly, I love Alberti, but under the circumstances, I don't believe Alberti would be wise to work for Lisa, part time or full time, as I don't feel QVC would allow Alberti to do that.  I don't feel Alberti should bite the hands that feed him, that being QVC.  He is multi talented and should probably stay at qvc, I believe he is the Number 1 host on the show right now, people love him, he has a great sense of humor, he is a bit young to make such a move when he is the brightest of futures at qvc.  QVC is not going anywhere, Alberti, but Lisa Robertson has really gone downhill since leaving qvc.

Alberti could run circles around LR as far as talent.  His home decor is elegant and warm not overdone.  I wish he would get a home decor show.  

Respected Contributor

Pearly, why should LISA not stay friends with the QVC venders?? Good lord lady she has worked with them for years and they all get along and do things together. They invite her to their shows and their homes, and their parties etc. Really I feel it is abolutely none of OUR business who Lisa or any other host has for friends. I would never ever drop my friends who I have been with for years and hope fully they wouldn't want me to find new friends. Guess you don't have friends and I mean good friends that you are close to and they are close to you. I have worked with a special group for over 40 years and believe me we are all close friends who stay close to each other even when we are not working together.  Just think it is rude for someone to tell someone else to move on and leave people you have been with for years.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@cater wrote:

Pearly, why should LISA not stay friends with the QVC venders?? Good lord lady she has worked with them for years and they all get along and do things together. They invite her to their shows and their homes, and their parties etc. Really I feel it is abolutely none of OUR business who Lisa or any other host has for friends. I would never ever drop my friends who I have been with for years and hope fully they wouldn't want me to find new friends. Guess you don't have friends and I mean good friends that you are close to and they are close to you. I have worked with a special group for over 40 years and believe me we are all close friends who stay close to each other even when we are not working together.  Just think it is rude for someone to tell someone else to move on and leave people you have been with for years.

I think it depends on your definition of "friends" or business contacts or acquaintances.  None of us knows the depth of her relationships with these people.

Esteemed Contributor

@JONNYSBRO wrote:

Lisa Robertson on her facebook interviewing Mark Zunino while he's getting ready for the golden globes and the Chaz Dean as well. Lisa seems to know all the whos who of the business. She showed the gorgeous hotel she stayed in Beverly Hills. She seems to love LA wonder if she will move there. She sure loves rodeo drive

I wouldn't agree they are "who's who" level.  The Beverly Hills Terrace is a small boutique hotel. Nice but not expensive or extroidinary.  

Honored Contributor

@cater wrote:

@cater  You must have missed this sentence in my post:  Not that she shouldn't maintain friendships, but it seems - at least from FB - that her life still revolves around QVC.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Sylanne wrote:

I don't think LR has anything in the works to move on to.

I agree.  

Honored Contributor

@sunshine 919 wrote:

I tried to get on her Facebook last night and it said I had to sign in.  I am not on Facebook and I have not had a problem before.  She would be good on the Red Carpet.

@sunshine 919  Try again, I think when she's doing one of her 'chats' you have to sign in to participate. It also seems that sometimes when FB requires a log in it has to do with a temporary change in settings and often you can access the page using the escape key.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sylanne wrote:

One begins to wonder... Given all these trips and meetings, by now, you'd think she'd unveil her 'next adventure' if there was one in the offing.

I think her listings on FB are more or less the things she did while she was at QVC. Who knows, maybe she'll soon be unveiling lines of things she's designed, but you'd think there would at least be some mention of it were she engaged in anything specific, if for no other reason than because it would be smart marketing.

I've begun to wonder if she isn't trying to parlay all her Christmas decorating videos and video chats into some sort of decorating or 'talk show' gig, but that nothing has as yet materialized.

I like Lisa, miss her on QVC and wish her well, but I personally feel interest will be waning sooner rather than later if she doesn't make a move soon. Video chats with the same people she worked with on QVC wouldn't seem to be much of a career move.

Of course, if she doesn't want or need to work, good for her.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Sylanne wrote:

One begins to wonder... Given all these trips and meetings, by now, you'd think she'd unveil her 'next adventure' if there was one in the offing.

I think her listings on FB are more or less the things she did while she was at QVC. Who knows, maybe she'll soon be unveiling lines of things she's designed, but you'd think there would at least be some mention of it were she engaged in anything specific, if for no other reason than because it would be smart marketing.

I've begun to wonder if she isn't trying to parlay all her Christmas decorating videos and video chats into some sort of decorating or 'talk show' gig, but that nothing has as yet materialized.

I like Lisa, miss her on QVC and wish her well, but I personally feel interest will be waning sooner rather than later if she doesn't make a move soon. Video chats with the same people she worked with on QVC wouldn't seem to be much of a career move.

Of course, if she doesn't want or need to work, good for her.

stevieb, you hit it spot on. 

Trusted Contributor

If she didn't mention QVC, her friends, etc.  to a lot of people, she'd be this horrible, vain person, who had never really cared about the company, or anyone associated with it, certainly not the customers.  She'd left QVC and was too good for it.  

There's no reason for her to just "move on" from friends and shared interests, built over a 20 year career.  

In time, if her life takes her in different directions, the "moving on", may well happen. 

Haven't we all had people that, once, were a big part of our lives, but, the hands of time pulled us in different directions; the connections were lost, or certainly aren't the same.  It's no ones fault, it's just living life.