Esteemed Contributor

Please lower prices more than $3

I noticed the savings on quite a few items are only around $3 or so.  Although I like to see prices lowered, couldn't they do a bit more for the customer?  Seems like a paltry sum...can we see a REAL sale?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Please lower prices more than $3

I started a post last year about QVC's stingiest discounts (someone found an item discounted by under $.30); perhaps it's time to resurrect in light of the amazing sales we're seeing at retail (especially apparel).

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Honored Contributor

@SnooppI get it, but apparently $3 is a huge amount of money - at least when we're the ones paying it.  It now costs $3 more than it used to return a piece of clothing (we were always paying to return) and people complain big time.

I realize they are also accusing QVC of charging for returns which some companies don't do, but usually those same complainers complain that QVC charges sales tax when it's not QVC charging it at all.  They're just following the law of the states.   And, yes, they change what they COLLECT state by state.  I know this because my Florida AD's always cost less than the same item when I'm getting it in NY.

So -  $3 sometimes is too little and other times too much.

Honored Contributor

@gardenslaMaybe -  but I shopped Macys last week looking for a new top and it took me a very long time to find anything I wanted to spend even the sales price on.  And I may still end up returning what I finally chose - which was on deep sale, true. 

I may have had better luck if I had wanted a coat or boots or sweaters, etc. but this is Florida and the temperature the day I shopped was skirting 90; although most of what was on those jammed racks I didn't want at any price.

I'm in the process of clearing my closets and dressers.  Sad to say many of the items destined for the thrift shops I bought on sale.  Not doing that much any more

The items that are too worn to donate?  Older and on a cost per wearing a much better value than those sales. 

I'm still seeing lots of sell-outs when I do watch the clothing shows I like, but I will admit to not watching when I already know I'm not buying.  Are there whole lines where the shoppers have disappeared?

Honored Contributor

And sadly, these days so many of the TSV's are little more than a couple of dollars off what they sell for the next day.  Chintzy, to say the least!!!!!

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@SnooppI get it, but apparently $3 is a huge amount of money - at least when we're the ones paying it.  It now costs $3 more than it used to return a piece of clothing (we were always paying to return) and people complain big time.

I realize they are also accusing QVC of charging for returns which some companies don't do, but usually those same complainers complain that QVC charges sales tax when it's not QVC charging it at all.  They're just following the law of the states.   And, yes, they change what they COLLECT state by state.  I know this because my Florida AD's always cost less than the same item when I'm getting it in NY.

So -  $3 sometimes is too little and other times too much.

Any way you slice it, three bucks off is hardly a 'sale' price...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

I don't get excited until something hits the 30-40% mark.  20% is the absolute bare minimum that will get me out the door, and unless we're talking an expensive item that still won't do it.

Respected Contributor

@RedConvertibleGirl wrote:

I don't get excited until something hits the 30-40% mark.  20% is the absolute bare minimum that will get me out the door, and unless we're talking an expensive item that still won't do it.

It's the clothing market's fault that they got the customer used to these discounts.  We barely see a value anymore unless it's a markdown.  Sad.

Honored Contributor

@MomCat wrote:

@RedConvertibleGirl wrote:

It's the clothing market's fault that they got the customer used to these discounts.  We barely see a value anymore unless it's a markdown.  Sad.

I agree. I think it's the clothing industry's fault for over-inflating their original prices. This then causes the consumer to have to wait for a markdown in order to be able to afford to buy the clothing.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Trusted Contributor

QVC's clearance prices are something to laugh about.  I don't see any real savings.  What really makes me laugh is they tell you it's marked down for the QVC price, many times it never was sold at that price.  They falsely inflated the savings.  I don't even consider TSVs any real bargain 99% of the time.