Honored Contributor

Re: LR in Beverly Hills interviewing MZ

@sunshine 919 wrote:

I tried to get on her Facebook last night and it said I had to sign in.  I am not on Facebook and I have not had a problem before.  She would be good on the Red Carpet.

@sunshine 919

When you get that "sign in" pop-up, try hitting the Escape key and you should then be able to view the page with no problem.  This only works for "public" pages on Facebook, of course.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

Never will understand how people come on here all concerned of what Lisa is going to do in the future. it would not be so bad if the concern sounded like it was out of kindness but it isn't. It is just little digs about her. What ever she does I wish her the best of luck with what ever she decides. As for time off this lady deserves all the time off she wants I happen to have QVC on in my home just about clock around.  Many and I do mean many holidays who was working almost every holiday? It was Lisa didn't matter if it was Easter or before they closed for Christmas it was Lisa who was one of the host working. So as lomg as she can afford to live in the style she is living right now good for her she deserves time to be with her family and all her friends. Reading on her site she has never asked for someone to help pay her bills she seems to be doing just fine so good for her. As I said best of luck and best wishes for Lisa in the months and years to come.  Will also say her decorations were the best and really showed class. Can't even begin to say how many people came to our home and raved about her decorations that I purchased. I would still purchase decorations if she designs them.

Trusted Contributor

I think she is desperately trying to stay relevant - and she isn't.

Just hanging with the same old QVC vendors. Very few people even know who she is, nor do they care.

Honored Contributor

Nope, not seeing any desperation at her end. I know lots of folks are looking for it... hoping to see it... but it doesn't seem to be happening. She's apparently not working and admittedly the FB filler is getting a little silly, but she seems to be enjoying doing what she's doing, staying busy and doing fine...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I can only say that I've tried again the past few weeks to watch parts of the Monday line up after months of not watching and find it impossible. Say what some folks will about Lisa, but from where I reside, she made the otherwise mundane and unwatchable more palatable and she did it with far fewer histrionics... She was also a far preferable spokeperson for the Gili line. Whether her skill set maxxed out at the level of a QVC host or whether there's room for her professional growth remains to be seen.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I'm shocked that at this point, LR hasn't announced what she is doing.  Her 1 year is up and yet, crickets.  I thought LR had something in the works but now it appears I was wrong.  

LR has been asked several times on her FB page if she'd come back to QVC.  She answered to the effect "never say never but it's highly unlikely."  I don't think they left on the best of terms and I don't think she'll be back in any capacity.  Not to mention, she didn't need to wait out a non-compete to come back to QVC to sell.

I'm starting to think she's doing all these interviews and chats just to keep her face out there and in the hopes of someone noticing her and offering her something.  IMO there was clearly an agenda with her doing a live chat for the awards last night when in the past, it's just been a thread on her FB page.

Katie was her assistant at QVC as well.     

That's what I thought from the moment she left.

There's nothing wrong with maintaining a presence, keeping her name and face out there in an effort to hold onto her fan base, etc. That makes perfect sense, and is a good thing to do..  But as far as a next project or "something big in the works", I think she's just stringing people along until something turns up and it has had absolutely nothing to do with any kind of non-compete clause in her contract.  She left QVC well over a year ago.

I do not believe that it was her choice to leave QVC, and I do not believe she had something else lined up that she had to keep quiet about.  I fully expect to be jumped on for this, but it's been my opinion all along and I still feel the same way.  

If she's happy living her life this way, that's totally fine.  She did a good job at QVC and deserves time off if that's what she wants.  I just don't think that's what she wants, but I certainly have no ill will toward her and I do wish her well.

Honored Contributor

@NYC Susan wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I'm shocked that at this point, LR hasn't announced what she is doing.  Her 1 year is up and yet, crickets.  I thought LR had something in the works but now it appears I was wrong.  

LR has been asked several times on her FB page if she'd come back to QVC.  She answered to the effect "never say never but it's highly unlikely."  I don't think they left on the best of terms and I don't think she'll be back in any capacity.  Not to mention, she didn't need to wait out a non-compete to come back to QVC to sell.

I'm starting to think she's doing all these interviews and chats just to keep her face out there and in the hopes of someone noticing her and offering her something.  IMO there was clearly an agenda with her doing a live chat for the awards last night when in the past, it's just been a thread on her FB page.

Katie was her assistant at QVC as well.     

That's what I thought from the moment she left.

There's nothing wrong with maintaining a presence, keeping her name and face out there in an effort to hold onto her fan base, etc. That makes perfect sense, and is a good thing to do..  But as far as a next project or "something big in the works", I think she's just stringing people along until something turns up and it has had absolutely nothing to do with any kind of non-compete clause in her contract.  She left QVC well over a year ago.

I do not believe that it was her choice to leave QVC, and I do not believe she had something else lined up that she had to keep quiet about.  I fully expect to be jumped on for this, but it's been my opinion all along and I still feel the same way.  

If she's happy living her life this way, that's totally fine.  She did a good job at QVC and deserves time off if that's what she wants.  I just don't think that's what she wants, but I certainly have no ill will toward her and I do wish her well.

I've largely come to the same conclusions about the 'next big thing' but do think she made the choice to leave... By several accounts, 'corporate' wasn't happy with her choice, though none of us ultimately knows...

Esteemed Contributor

She reminds me of a girl I used to work with. Thought she should be making ALOT more money and wanted a big raise and made that well known to everyone. One day she gives the boss an ultimatum.....give her a raise or she goes elsewhere....paraded around expecting the boss to run up to her ANY MINUTE with a raise and begging her to stay......Never happened. She worked through her 2 week notice and left saying they will be BEGGING her to come back because the company would lose a TON of business without her....

Never happened and the comapany did just as welll without her. I never heard what happened to her.........

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't think we know that there was an unmet demand for better compensation and we certainly don't know it was the reason for her leaving... I've always suspected her decision was based on the convergence of multiple factors at the same time that made it seem like the time was right to move along. Of course, I also suspect she thought she'd have found something to move along to by now.

Esteemed Contributor

Though not a LR fan I have always been interested where her career would go next. When she announced she was leaving, I believed someone else had offered her a position she could not refuse. A much better or a much more interesting endeavor she wished to try. 

When that didn't occur, I believed she had a contract clause. And she was just hanging out having well-deserved fun until that year was over. Surely, being at the top of her game at the Q she would not leave with nothing. She's too smart a woman to do something foolish like that.

Now, I believe, she did not leave the Q cordially. Many companies offer their largest paid employees packages to move on. They just find that cost effective & it's done all over the place. 

LR obviously has nothing on the back burner waiting for her. She has her pride in not accepting something that isn't at least comparable to her Q's position. And lastly, she's in her early fifties, at a time where all in that age group are afraid of being replaced by someone younger and cheaper. I don't think the sky's the limit for LR, and she probably didn't leave of her own volition.