Esteemed Contributor

This country happens to be at war.  From the start we were informed how the country France was providing arms to our enemy combatants.  We were asked to not support this effort by NOT buying French products.  STILL the Q offers this!  There is no blood on my hands for the loss of the young men and women we have lost by buying the products.  I have always felt there needs to be some explanation for those that sell and promote these things.  I love my America, not France.  If you want my yankee bucks - get ride of the products and put the profit greed aside. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
New Contributor

Actually French troops are in Afghanistan on 2 fronts - with NATO and with US troops as part of War on Terror and have been there since 2001. 

Trusted Contributor

We've just come back from France a few weeks ago and certainly didn't mind spending our American dollars there!

Esteemed Contributor

Gee, I consider myself fairly well informed.  I read news magazines, a daily paper, watch business news, often both CBS and NBC evening news, as well as CNN news.  I have never, ever heard of any such boycott of French products.  Anyone out there in a similar situation?  Everyone has the right to their opinions, but I can't help but wonder where this OP got the information to form these rather dramatic accusations.  

Honored Contributor

I have been to many countries and find the people everywhere to be just like us. They have families to raise, jobs to go to, want a better life, peace, etc. It would be a shame to punish the people of any country and their efforts to have a product that can be used around the world just because their government might be making decisions that are not in alignment with the people's wants/needs.

While in Russia I had a very long conversation with several older Russians who confessed that they always thought we (the United States) were to be feared; we were the enemy. I told them that when I was growing up I thought they (Russia) were the enemy, that we feared them. I felt very comfortable in their country, made friends with people whom I remain in frequent correspondence. Getting along starts with getting to know each other, whether it be individuals or exchanging ideas while in their country. I hope I have helped change the opinions of people in other countries about the U.S., just by being more open with them and trying to understand their point of view. 

To cut off the purchase of products from a country whose government is making decisions you disagree with only harms the very people who probably had no say in that decision. 

If you don't want to purchase L'Occitane products, that is your right. I personally choose products which I like and don't boycott products from countries whose beliefs or politics may be different from mine. 

Respected Contributor

I have not heard of this since 2001, when they tried to turn "french fries" into "freedom fries" after 911.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Esteemed Contributor

Maybe France is just smarter than we are.....we're not in charge of changing the world......we have enough to take care of right here at home.....

Honored Contributor

Smiley Frustrated  That's just a really weird post from the OP.  No idea what brought on that rant, but something about it sounds rather zealous and unsettling.

Esteemed Contributor

Well folks, I have not just ranted.  This has been going on since 9/11.  Haven't any of you known of lost military in this war?  Many have died from French arms and you don't know this.  Spend your money as you like but don't bury your heads in the sand.  It's not the first ime this type of post has been on the forums - folks just don't care I guess.

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is political.