Contributor

Who uses the filler word “ah, uh...” more...Rick or Carolyn?  No contest; just musing. 

Esteemed Contributor

No clue - don't watch that much.

Honored Contributor

Surely Jill is in contention for any "ah" award.  Sometime I'm going to count the number of times Carolyn says, "stay in the ordering process" during a one hour show.  Why would anyone not stay in the process if they want the item?  It's as bad as Mary Beth's "here's the thing".

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Can't listen to Carolyn anymore because of that. Actually can't listen to the majority of the hosts because one thing or another about each one starts irritating the bejeezus out of me in short order. Since I'm down to just a few I can tolerate perhaps that's a sign that it's something with me rather than them. LOL

Respected Contributor

Carolyn wins hands down with the "ums" and "uhs".

Super Contributor

Years ago I had to do an impromptu speech in front of a camera as a learning exercise on how we present.  I was not as bad as some as I already had on-air experience doing commercials, etc.  but it sure is stressful  

Respected Contributor

@DJs mom I agree! I don't watch Rick at all, but Carolyn's every other word is um/uh. 

Honored Contributor

The producer is probably telling her something in her earpiece either giving her updates or wanting her to add information about the product that had come up etc etc..........She cant just stand there and not say a word........

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Yet, I love to hear the Irish vendors say "um".

Its like- "eum or em"Heart

I could listen to them all daySmiley Happy

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"