Trusted Contributor

There is no Queen Diva on any shopping channel.

There isnt anyone i have noticed on any of the channels that the void of a Queen Diva has been filled. I would love to see a gorgeous, chic, and complete total trendsetting icon. Its a very hard position to fill. U have to have charisma in spades.
Respected Contributor

Re: There is no Queen Diva on any shopping channel.

Are you applying for it? I don't think we need one.

Honored Contributor

I do not like  the term Queen Diva to describe anyone.  It is demeaning to women who are trying to be professionals.

If a woman was hired because she was beautiful, trendsetting and could be the icon, that would be too bad.

We are a lot more than that.  We are smart, intelligent and hard working and can get the job done, no matter how we look.

It sounds like you are trying your best to put women back to where they were a few decades ago.

Esteemed Contributor

@JONNYSBROwrote:

There isnt anyone i have noticed on any of the channels that the void of a Queen Diva has been filled. I would love to see a gorgeous, chic, and complete total trendsetting icon. Its a very hard position to fill. U have to have charisma in spades.

Shawn Killinger filled LR's Queen Diva position in a nano second. Barely a blink of the eye. The Q moved on, while LR ended up sitting on a couch peddling trinkets. 

Honored Contributor

@JONNYSBROwrote:

@JONNYSBRO ..... and?

Honored Contributor

Given the chance, I think Sandra Bennett is professional and very beautiful. She is really the only show host I actually watch.

I always equate the term diva as a negative. Lisa was a very pleasant person to watch when she was on QVC. I don't really follow her on Facebook. 

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11  It is a negative term.  It means a self-important person who is temperamental and hard to please.

Honored Contributor

@Carmiewrote:

@Trinity11  It is a negative term.  It means a self-important person who is temperamental and hard to please.

Hi @Carmie. Yes, that is exactly what I thought the definition of a Queen Diva was...

Trusted Contributor

@Trinity11wrote:

Given the chance, I think Sandra Bennett is professional and very beautiful. She is really the only show host I actually watch.

I always equate the term diva as a negative. Lisa was a very pleasant person to watch when she was on QVC. I don't really follow her on Facebook. 

I think she is beautiful also, and nice and calm. She seems more "natural" looking. The only thing that really bothers me is when she uses her little finger to point at things. I know it sounds stupid thing to complain about, but they show it up close during presentations.

Honored Contributor

@Carmiewrote:

I do not like  the term Queen Diva to describe anyone.  It is demeaning to women who are trying to be professionals.

If a woman was hired because she was beautiful, trendsetting and could be the icon, that would be too bad.

We are a lot more than that.  We are smart, intelligent and hard working and can get the job done, no matter how we look.

It sounds like you are trying your best to put women back to where they were a few decades ago.

THIS!

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.