Valued Contributor

I'm not that keen on the remote vendor only jewelry shows. 

You tend to just get a pre-recorded looped clip of the item turning left and right on a stand, and then the vendor holding it way off at a grainy distance from the lens.

it's good that the vendor can spin his yarn uninterrupted but you lose out on the visuals. 

Honored Contributor

@Spurt 

That's right but do they really cook enough.

I watch HSN cooking shows with Curtis Stone, Wolfgang Puck and the new chef.  I always get some cooking inspiration from them.

(and end up buying something😉)

Honored Contributor

Re: In Studio Appearances

[ Edited ]

@homedecor1 wrote:

@Spurt 

That's right but do they really cook enough.

I watch HSN cooking shows with Curtis Stone, Wolfgang Puck and the new chef.  I always get some cooking inspiration from them.

(and end up buying something😉)

@homedecor1 

I liked Meredith Laurence, The Blue Jean Chef, there was one show where she cooked, gave tips, and used the products which were for sale.

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt 

I forgot about her! She was awesome I've made a lot of her recipes from her FB page.  All yummy😋😋

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

From Retaility Magazine, interview with Josie, June 2021:

While Maran used to reside in Pennsylvania due to its close proximity to the QVC studio where she’s a regular, she now has the luxury of working from anywhere.

“Since the pandemic, QVC shut down their studio and I’ve been shooting QVC shows literally from my bed in St. Barts,” she says. “They called it Josie Island because I was in the Caribbean the whole time.

They were like, ‘Show us the beach.’ I was like, ‘There goes a sailboat. Can you see it right now?’ I was selling millions of dollars [worth of product] while I was on the beach.”

Honored Contributor

@32degrees wrote:

Seems like it is time for more on air live  guest appearances.  Especially those who are on frequently.  Why should Isaac, Lori G, and Josie Marin be allowed to do their shows via skype?  Is it fear of appearing live in the studio, expense, or a contractual agreement?  Why should they be able, among others, to not have to go to QVC and do their shows?  

@32degrees  I'm thinking those are the three big money makers for Q. They may be allowed to do what they wish. Making demands on where they present would chance losing the cash cows.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Isaac's employment agreement (publicly and readily available from the SEC) requires him to appear on QVC on certain days, for a specified number of days as requested and needed, but says absolutely nothing about being on set or "in person."

I bet other contracts also omit "in person" requirements.

Esteemed Contributor
I like it better without the vendors in the studio 😁